Indian wanna-be

• Thread starter Ricksters Kustoms
  • Start date
Some cool features on this bike are:
An old carbide headlight that I converted to a 12v 20w halagon, powered by a 5ah sla battery located in front of the gas tank. The red and green jewels were missing, so I up-dated it with some amber jewels.
Tail and break lights via an 1157 LED bulb, this helps to keep my total amp draw to around 2 amps with the headlight, I can get an hour and a half of light without letting the battery fall below half charge( if you discharge a sla below half charge it kills them)
Home-made forks, I'm not crazy about the look of the forks, but what can you do with an 8" X 1" head tube.
The Indian logos were printed in gold foil on an old Alps printer.
A 70cc Dax power plant with a Grubee HP carb connected to a 36 tooth sprocket gives it some serious speed, I can do 35 to 40mph easy.

This is a very fun bike to ride, I can really lean her over in the curves.
I have noticed that I get a lot more waves on this bike then goofy stares, so that's cool.

I hope that you like her.
Thanks for looking.

14_dcp_7550_2.jpg

14_dcp_7552_1.jpg

14_dcp_7553_1.jpg

14_dcp_7554_1.jpg

14_dcp_7555_1.jpg

14_dcp_7556_1.jpg

Sorry I hot linked, I straightened it out.

:LOL: i love it! that certainly would stand out in a crowd of other motoredbikes, for sure. :devilish:
the 'kerosene-can' light...Dig It! Happy :mrgreen:

cool

that is a sweet set up... i personally have always liked the white wall look...good luck and happy motoring! :D :cool:

Rick,
Looks good. I still have a bag of old carbide but I guess you won't need it.
Did you do the lengthening of the frame and does the seat slide in and out for distance?
Anyway, looks good and I bet it does draw the attention.

great use of the (visual) limitations of a contemporary frame...she looks so authentic at first glance! :)

yes, i can see it handles great. looks sturdy too. nice build, Ricksters' 8)

(i don't know how much you weigh, but i hope you pay special attention your rear wheel-bearings, i had a big problem with them 'til i stretched the frame a bit)

Thank you for the compliments everyone!

Good eye Azkronic, that is a piece of nylon used for the air cleaner. The CNS carbs need to be able to breath easy, the harder time it has getting air the richer the settings become. I did not want to have to jack the engine all forward to use the filter that it came with either.

Dockspa1, no, but that is a good idea. I used a good heavy seat post, so it has the taper on the end, with a piece of rebar down the center of it for strength. A good friend of mine mig welded it for me.

Thanks a lot Augidog, that's exactly what I was going for. I like the looks of these old bikes, but I like the safety of a modern bicycle much better. I'm trying to find a ridgid MTB fork, with V-brake bosses, and I can add a truss and get a much better look. An 8 and a half inch by 1" steerer seems to be tough for me to find.
If you must know, I weigh 215 and I check my bearings every time I have to repair a flat, that seems to be often enough, the thorn fairy loves my rear tires. LOL

You can just call me Rickster, Rickster Kustoms sounded funny hence the s.
Thanks again all!

Back