INDIANA - Heath's map thingamajig.

H

Heath

we haven't had our M/B up and running long enough to give you any good routes just yet. we'll be working on that though.

74_CA0PYJIB_1.jpg

Well, I don't have any Indiana stories YET, I'm sitting around ready to pounce on Kansas or Nebraska, talk about hog factories and high prairie winds.

Heath, Bloomington, Home of the Little Indy 500 in "Breaking Away", thats pretty close to you, right?

I guess that would be a "bikers magnet", to swim in that rock quarry from the movie.

bloomington is just a short drive from here. about 45 minutes to 1 hour south. lots of good hilly curvy roads south of here....LOTS!!! i haven't seen that movie in years!!! i don't even know if that quarry is still there or not. it would be fun to take a ride and try to find it though!

Our New New Years member, Rif Addams mention this rally in his e-mail:

I am going from Tacoma, WA (my happy home) to Portland, IN for the annual V.M.B.C. (Vintage Moto Bike Club) meet.This is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, of the Moto-bike meets in the country.

21_Portlandindiana_1.jpg

100 or so miles in the opposite direction of Bloomington, BUT convenient to you guys.

When you think of the power of the forum, for instance Cookie's Abita Springs, LA bike rally and the Portland Indiana one, AND there's LUKE with his killer bikes in England, well I see opportunity. ;)

Luke could UPS a bike in pieces, and it could enter BOTH rallies, then be UPS'd back with his blue ribbons, because some of those photos look like models which would confound the judges, especially the one with seven motors. :eek:

(It would be a whole 'nother challenge to get all seven motors running at one time, I have visions of that Rocket Bike on youtube) :LOL:

wow! i had no idea that even existed!!!! i'll have to do some research on this...

:unsure: Yeah, I think I'll start a topic "Rallys and Such", where we can list the upcoming regional and national events. 2 so far.

PS. Since it looks like we were posting simultaneously, I wrote an e-mail to Joyce, inviting her to post under that Rally topic.

i still havent found a website for the club, but i did find this....

July 11 - 14th, 2007, Wednesday - Saturday

Vintage Motor Bike Club Annual Meet, Jay County Fair Grounds, Portland, Indiana

*EVENT*: 2007 Vintage Motor Bike Club's Annual Meet. Camping will begin on Monday (July 9th) for the $40 fee for the entire meet. Pre-registering is strongly encouraged. This is one of the biggest motor bike/cycle/scooter meets of the year. One can see almost anything that is a motorized two wheeler. Lots of fun, good food, games, banquet, show, vendors, rides, auction, and huge swap meet.
More information, as well as pre-registration form and event schedule, will be posted as they become available.

*CONTACT*: Joyce Lee, 537 W. Huntington St., Montpelier, IN 47359.
Phone: ( 765 ) 728 - 5318. E-Mail: eandme@localnet.com .

I just now saw this thread and am pretty excited. I've never heard of this rally either, but have filed it away in my "things to do this year" brain folder. Hopefully we could get some members from this community out there, as well as spread the word about this site.

Back