Indonesian Internet Bike Scam at Alibaba.Com

Scamming, or more specific, stealing money from someone is just wrong....

I feel for you as I have been there a few times being taken advantage of.... all you can do is file a dispute and sit back and wait.

Hopefully luck will be on your side!

Irish John, It's good to see that your humor is still in tact, I hope. Sorry that happened to you.

PS Sorry, I don't speak Scamonesian.

Irish John, It's good to see that your humor is still in tact, I hope. Sorry that happened to you.

PS Sorry, I don't speak Scamonesian.

It's imperative to have a sense of humour when these things happen otherwise I couldn't have laughed when my local Indonesian take-away burnt down last week!
Only joking.

Always check any Indonesian supplier before sending them money, doesn't matter how good they or their ofer looks like.

Most of the time, if it's really good it's TOO good.

Always check any Indonesian supplier before sending them money, doesn't matter how good they or their ofer looks like.

Most of the time, if it's really good it's TOO good.

I would actually say that all bike sites from Indonesia on Alibaba.Com are fraudulent. Certainly all the Sumatran ones are scams and especially from Medan. If they offer big brand names they are fakes because those brands ensure their supplies are totally wrapped up with sole import agencies. It's not that the bikes are fake - there are no bikes at all. Just a bank account that lures suckers.
Isn't it interesting how after nearly 30 years of economic rationalist revolution across the world and the forced introduction of competition into almost every aspect of life that these sole distributorships have emerged with their monopolies totally unscathed.
There must be a way to shake these fat cats up just to make them a bit more consumer friendly. I have an idea that might work but it involves using yet another battallion of Ghurkas and they're already stretched to breaking point fighting other battles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back