Inexpensive but comfortable bicycle for 2 stroke motor?

rumme

Local time
3:34 AM
I just purchased the boygofast - 2stroke 80 cc engine off ebay with pull start.

Can anyone suggest a comfortable but inexpensive brand of bicycle that will allow my engine to easily mount on, and will fit my 6ft 4 " height fairly well ?

This will be mostly for riding flat roads and some gravley/rock backroads up in the mountains of arkansas. I have a local wal mart near me, but wasnt sure if they sold a bicycle that would fit my needs.

Id also consider a adult tricycle to mount this motor on in the near future and was wondering if anyone knew of a decent priced adult tricycle that workded well with these 80c.c - 2 stroke engines...I like the idea of not having tp put my feet down at every red light/ stop sign, etc...Thanks....

Bookmarking this thread, I've been looking at those same motors for awhile.
Be interested in learning the same thing you asked.

Ok, what about gears? Would a five speed be a problem? (Thinking about when the motor is not on. Real peddle power.) Or do you need an old single speed?

What about breaks? Coaster needed? Hand? Hand ONLY no coaster at all?
Never having mounted a motor I don't know if that coaster arm is a problem.

Even saw one bike at walmart with a disk break. Guessing that would be a nightmare to install a motor around.

What do you do with those odd shape frames? The ones with the wide flat tube? Stear clear of those???

Looking at the old fashion schwinn style. (Wide tires, springy wide seat, fenders! I like fenders! Mountain bikes never have those.)

those walmart bikes look like a good option, and they are very inexpensive....but they dont have any type of comfortable suspensions/ shocks......I have a bike now that my motor is mounted on, that doesnt have suspension and its a very bumpy ride if you have to travel over older roads or gravel type roads/ backroads.

I was hoping for something that was more comfortable , even if it meant spending a bit more money for my 6ft 4" height

I haven't tried the Schwinn Searcher yet but have heard it's a good choice for mounting a HT motor. They have front suspension and you could always add a suspension seatpost for an even more comfortable ride. I believe they are sold by K mart and Sears stores. Good luck with your build.

It's funny you got the pull start; usually that is for people with some sort of jackshaft/ freewheel arrangement. The "stock" setup is a clutch popping jump start, that is actually very easy... so easy I kill the motor coasting down to an intersection then restart it as I'm reaccellerating.

You are correct about front frame tube size and the desire to have it be a narrow diameter and mostly round. People drill holes in the larger tubes and for me that would make me nervous.

There is a huge thread about the kaluna moon dog, a 7 speed cruiser sold for $100 at walmart. I can vouch for them; the "cheap" steel does a great job deadening various odd vibrations a one-lunger motor can make. Cruiser style bikes are great for big people because you bend over less to reach the handlebars and get to see the world.

You may also find a single speed huffy cruiser at WM for ~$85; it is hard to get over the ghetto-welfare name association that everyone sneers at with the huffy name. One does wish to have a slightly quality bike considering the speed and abuse it will see daily. IDK if the stickers peel off as easily as they did from my KMD. ;)

Last edited:
well it s actually a dual start

pull start and pop start like you mention..

i wanted back up pull start in case i use the motor to build a go cart

do they make an adult trike that has shocks/ suspension ? Id like to put one of these motors on a 3 wheel bike...

Cruiser style bikes are great for big people because you bend over less to reach the handlebars and get to see the world.

Ha ha.... yea. That would be me. Tall AND big. I have a nice 12 speed but SO sick of the hunched overness of it. Getting too old for that. Less concerned about speed now than comfort.
I posted this in another forum, but it fits here...
This is what I'm looking at now.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5585804

Had one just like this years ago and remember it to be VERY comfortable.
Also... I want to get a replacement fork here...
http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/co...id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/vmcchk,1/

Same site has slant seat posts for us whopper people, but I'll get that if and when I need one.

Don't know when I'll be able to do this. Money is so tight right now. Sales are down and jobs are non existent! I might be able to do the bike soon, but the motor... well. There is always next summer. sigh.

Back