[INFO] Choosing Wheels

You can bolt the sprocket to the disc flange. Tell me how your chain alignment works out 😆

Stock wheels? Sounds like you are telling people what to buy. That aint stock. Grubee ain't stock either.

I never said freewheel and freehub are the same. You said they generally aren't disc compatible. I said you are wrong and was letting you know you left out freehubs like you left out top hats.

Grubee wheel, see all that crap.
Screenshot_20210327-185308_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210327-185236_Firefox.jpg

1. Why would you need a top hat adapter when you could just directly bolt the sprocket to the 6 bolt hole disk brake mount?

2. I'm talking about stock wheels, how they come when you buy it. Of course you can swap out a different rim.

3. Freehub and Freewheel are not the same thing! A freehub has a spline, and it has a quick release axle. Freewheels have thread on cogs and generally do not have a disk brake mount. They have bolt on axles.

4. What is so complicated about the Grubee wheel?
Freehub was a term first used when hubs were developed with coasting abilities. Latter multiple cogs were added. Thus the freewheel was developed. It was quickly discovered the freewheel design axle was prone to bending on the cog side. So then the cassette was developed.

I have a freewheel hub on my Schwinn Sidewinder that has a through bolt and a bolt on disk. Manufactures also make cassette hubs with bolt on through axles and bolt on disk.

My bad on one, the department store mountain bikes use a 10 mm through axle with 15 mm nuts and a freewheel. It's the bicycle shop mountian bikes that use the 12 mm through axles and a cassette.

You can bolt the sprocket to the disc flange. Tell me how your chain alignment works out 😆

Stock wheels? Sounds like you are telling people what to buy. That aint stock. Grubee ain't stock either.

I never said freewheel and freehub are the same. You said they generally aren't disc compatible. I said you are wrong and was letting you know you left out freehubs like you left out top hats.

Grubee wheel, see all that crap.View attachment 104296View attachment 104297
You're probably right about the tophat for chain alignment.

But I haven't seen ONE freewheel with a disk brake mount, I was actually looking for one. Only the freehubs have that out of the two.

The only extra thing on the grubee wheel is the disk spacer so you can mount the disk rotor away from the chain so it doesn't hit it. The rest is all essentials... cog, hub, axle. Those big "posts" on the ends are just showing the rear fork.

The only extra thing on the grubee wheel is the disk spacer so you can mount the disk rotor away from the chain so it doesn't hit it.
These mags from bikeberry also include the disk spacer as well...Back in January, when i ordered mine, they had not yet updated their specs to say they were now including disk brakes etc with the mags...I was pleasantly suprised...DAMIEN

But I haven't seen ONE freewheel with a disk brake mount, I was actually looking for one. Only the freehubs have that out of the two.

The only extra thing on the grubee wheel is the disk spacer so you can mount the disk rotor away from the chain so it doesn't hit it. The rest is all essentials... cog, hub, axle. Those big "posts" on the ends are just showing the rear fork.
Custom built 7 speed 34-13 freewheel.

20210208_144312.jpg

1616888042232-456382548.jpg
1616888042232-456382548.jpg
20210208_154833.jpg

20210208_165733.jpg

20210208_165747.jpg

Then let's call it what it actually is a 9 mm axle. 3/8" is about half way between 9 mm and 10 mm. The reason I'm bring this up is because I don't want a new builder getting a piece of 3/8 threaded rod and using that as an axle. One could get a case hardened 3/8 bolt cut the head off and thread that end.
Plenty of 3/8 axles

I have these front is converted to cromoly 3/8 axle and still loose ball. Rear is converted to 1/2" axle and sealed bearings.

Plenty of 3/8 axles

I have these front is converted to cromoly 3/8 axle and still loose ball. Rear is converted to 1/2" axle and sealed bearings.

How do you feel about quick release axles on motorized bikes? Several other's on this forum have had the skewer snap or the wheel falling off. I've read about them being weaker because of the hollow axle, but the skewer fills up that space once in so I don't know why it would be.

How do you feel about quick release axles on motorized bikes? Several other's on this forum have had the skewer snap or the wheel falling off. I've read about them being weaker because of the hollow axle, but the skewer fills up that space once in so I don't know why it would be.
I had a quick release on the LandRider's front wheel and it held up fine.

Back