Info for 1999 Whizzer Air Filter/Breather

Meat head

Local time
9:43 AM
I recently bought a 1999 Whizzer and i want to make it showroom new. I have no clue, this is my first motorized bicycle and i love it to the point i want to find a 40's era bike one day.
i am currently looking for an air filter for my 1999 whizzer. the bike did not have a filter in it when i got it. the bike has a chrome breather housing for a cartridge type filter or maybe its just foam? i went on line and bought a whizzer manual hoping it would tell you what types of fitters it would use, it does not.
There is also a bung on the back of the breather housing for a hose but no hose on it, any ideas for that one? baby steps...
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to forum Meat Head,
The barb on the back of the WC-1 air filter is for the crankcase vent hose. The design was suppose to burn blow-by emissions.
Everyone disconnected it because the vent hose spit oil into the air filter.
Whizzer USA recommended people with the WC-1 to add less oil only 7 oz instead of 8 oz. But this did not solve the problem.
However some swear adding only 7 oz of oil works But if ya go faster than 30 mph the crankcase vent will spit oil.
Stock WC-1 Whizzers like to cruise between 35 and 40 mph

Owners of the WC-1 switched their Air filter and the crankcase breather system over to the NE-5 style air filter and breather.
This required switching to the NE-5 valve cover which has a vent port in it to attach the breather hose. The breather hose vents into the atmosphere. The NE-5 breather was nothing more than an air stone shoved in the end of the breather hose and this spit oil all over the rear of the bike. To solve this spitting oil problem, again Whizzer USA recommended to use only 7 oz of oil, but this did not solve the problem.
Whizzer owners made or bought their own C.A.O.S. Breather (crankcase air oil separator)
Instead of explaining more I'll post this link

Here is another link so you can find parts www.whizzercruzzerparts.com
Ya might want to consider using the Cruzzer Big Breather www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/breather-kit/

Last edited:
Here's some information. Whizzer first life support. I have 4 99 WC-1's there by far the best of Whizzer.
The filters are still out there.

Ray
20200923_211247.jpg
20200923_211303.jpg
20200923_212432.jpg
20200923_212432.jpg
20200923_212446.jpg
20200907_140928.jpg

I bought a manual on eBay, but the one i have has very little use. Any idea where i can get a copy like the one the you have. i was hoping when i bought the one from eBay it would show schematics and parts, it didn't but i wasn't expecting to much for 8.00 Thank you for the information i will put it to good use,

I bought a manual on eBay, but the one i have has very little use. Any idea where i can get a copy like the one the you have. i was hoping when i bought the one from eBay it would show schematics and parts, it didn't but i wasn't expecting to much for 8.00 Thank you for the information i will put it to good use,
Hi, Meat Head, here are some manuals.

The Dealer Service Manuel is a must!
If you don't find the filter, I'll look in my pile of stuff.

Ray

Back