Inlet manifold

The engine is an old bike bug on an old worksman mover trike used to putt around cirsfield md . The pot metal inlet got broken in transit when the bike got loose i in the pickup truck. A replacement is not possible new. Mike Snyder at bike bug might have one but one of the kind that you all have might be able to be modified and work . Looks like it's close. Steel is workable for me pot metal is not. Tom the old hippie

most are zinc plated mild steel, but some cast aluminum ones exist. I think the supposedly aluminum ones are closer to zamac, not worth trying to weld. though I think alumiweld rods should work on them.

The metal seemed to crumble in my hand. Outside in the grave driveway I was unable to retrieve all the pieces. I hope Mike can find me one. The bike is perfect for me being well made and considering my disabilities. I have two bad knees and a hip from accidents and balance issues. Being an old dude the trike and low speeds work for me. This is my forth b bug classic. One sold one stolen and one lost to fire. The trike is a one gear so next is an upgrade to three speed. Be safe Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back