Input needed... 30mph cruise and 40-45mph top speed ebike

What? I am just mimicing a wind turbine. Taking the motor from that and turning it via an engine and then piping the current into a controller to charge the batteries? Also, India is the world's leader in renewables especially solar. They got lots of sun and a culture that respects nature.
Not you.... Xschocker.

What? I am just mimicing a wind turbine. Taking the motor from that and turning it via an engine and then piping the current into a controller to charge the batteries? Also, India is the world's leader in renewables especially solar. They got lots of sun and a culture that respects nature.
Need solar battery charger. Charge your ebike as you ride. LoL. Do they have that? No? I'll just stick with my 32oz old Gatorade bottle full of 50:1 mix I carry as "extra fuel".
Ha ha
Or even better. Little fans that grab air and act like a wind turbine... Charging your extra ebike batteries as you ride.
Ha ha... Thats genius.

Need solar battery charger. Charge your ebike as you ride. LoL. Do they have that? No? I'll just stick with my 32oz old Gatorade bottle full of 50:1 mix I carry as "extra fuel".
Ha ha
Or even better. Little fans that grab air and act like a wind turbine... Charging your extra ebike batteries as you ride.
Ha ha... Thats genius.

Yes, I did. I will redo this concept later when I can afford satellite grade solar panels (40%+ vs 20%). And, also this... I'm trying to get materials for the gas generator and will state my intentions with the whole gas vs electric discussion. But, in the mean time, hahahaha... see this

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 240
You were bragging about solar and wind, needed to let ya know the truth... anyways this is getting off topic. The resistance from the generator?? The EMF/reactantance force idk what r u saying. Yeah you'd need a full bridge rectifier if ya wanted the dc motor and batteries. You can usually get them for free if you pull them out of a broken welder at a junkyard.
Dude that was not me bragging about solar and wind at all! that was shocker you got your post's mixed up.

Yes, I did. I will redo this concept later when I can afford satellite grade solar panels (40%+ vs 20%). And, also this... I'm trying to get materials for the gas generator and will state my intentions with the whole gas vs electric discussion. But, in the mean time, hahahaha... see this

And what does that ebike look like? Sounded like a jet engine. Yes. Go watch that guy who puts little jet engines on bikes or anything really. Last one I saw was a trike with two little jet engines on em... See of I can find link.

Think thats one of em.
Still battery powered I beleive.

So, I found a good deal on the HS-142F kit. I will use that engine for the test. And, I need DC. Also, wouldn't the resistance from the generator require higher RPM than idle?

The DC brushed motor you listed is a big multi pole that has a low kV/RPM and your engine is likely to put out it's best torque and power above 5000 rpm. The 49cc engine will weigh much more than the 25 cc engine, but should be a closer match to the DC motor. In either case you will need a diode in the wires out to prevent the battery from trying to spin the motor when the engine is off. The brushless AC motor has a more efficient power output for power in, but will need 3 bridge diodes divided between all 3 legs of the wires, since it outputs only AC current.

And what does that ebike look like? Sounded like a jet engine. Yes. Go watch that guy who puts little jet engines on bikes or anything really. Last one I saw was a trike with two little jet engines on em... See of I can find link.

Think thats one of em.
Still battery powered I beleive.

Really wasteful of the batteries' power, he'd have gotten a much better use of that power just running the motors driving the biggest geared propeller he could mount and it still would be excessively wasteful. Gear both motors to the driven rear wheel, now you got a bike power system.

Or go gas turbine

The DC brushed motor you listed is a big multi pole that has a low kV/RPM and your engine is likely to put out it's best torque and power above 5000 rpm. The 49cc engine will weigh much more than the 25 cc engine, but should be a closer match to the DC motor. In either case you will need a diode in the wires out to prevent the battery from trying to spin the motor when the engine is off. The brushless AC motor has a more efficient power output for power in, but will need 3 bridge diodes divided between all 3 legs of the wires, since it outputs only AC current.

Yeah, I think the DC-DC step up converter should prevent the battery from trying to spin the motor and also regulate the charge to the batteries. So, I was wrong about the HS-142F deal and don't want to spend that kinda money on a possible fail test. I will go with a refurb 26cc 2-stroke trimmer motor for now.

https://motoredbikes.com/threads/200w-rear-rack-gas-generator-build-thread-test.53868/

Back