Insanely high revving when attempting to idle + Bubbling/leaking from spark plug gasket. Please advise on how to solve.

Deliveryfoot

Local time
8:38 PM
Never had this issue before so im perplexed. My carb also randomly decides to leak pretty rapidly until i bang it with a wrench, but i know i need to clean it. Just mentioning in case these are connected. Though it doesn't leak at the time of revving as of right now.

Should i just tighten the spark plug? Are i going to have to order new gaskets/replace plug?

Last edited:
Never had this issue before so im perplexed. My carb also randomly decides to leak pretty rapidly until i bang it with a wrench, but i know i need to clean it. Just mentioning in case these are connected.

Should i just tighten the spark plug? Are i going to have to order new gaskets/replace plug?
Take carburetor apart clean it good. Search on here how to adjust float level.Those two things are important. When banging on carburetor tells me float is sticking most likely dirt.Now Spark plug issue tighten by hand until you can’t tighten no more. Then tighten with socket and ratchet 1/8 turn more. If still bubbling . I’d then say replace the head with another stock or a high performance one. I know you can add those plug inserts but a new stock head and gasket might be cheaper . First try a ngk 7534 stock number which is a b6hs spark plug.Those ngk spark plugs are a good investment with these little engine.

Last edited:
If your head is painted, scrape all the paint from around the SP hole, trying not to let any drop into the cylinder.
I had this problem. I'm going to make up a hone for my drill to flatten the surface.
Actually ALL mating surfaces, head and cylinder especially, should be honed. The machining on these engines isn't exactly the finest.

I'm having the same issue on my YD100 mine came with 2 base gaskets the gasket the cylinder sits on im thinking maybe having them both on is making it rev really high but I was told that its for the timing

Id say your float pin is sticking in the carb, i had this issue during my first builds break in, lost half a tank of gas b4 i notices. Just poured out. As stated above, disasemble and clean the carb. Should solve that issue.

Back