Inspired by the thread, "How much weight can my bike carry"

S

Sianelle

View attachment 50053

As soon as I saw this picture I started feeling itchy all over :yuck:

But have you seen the forks on that bike?! Third World utility bikes are amazing in my opinion. I own a Chinese 'Phoenix' agricultural bicycle, but it only has spring assisted braced forks and a single top frame tube. I dream of finding a bike with twin top tubes and a fully sprung fork like the one under that green haystack.

S

smapadatha

Attachments

• bike_move_oven.jpg
    bike_move_oven.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 202
  • bike_move_portland2.jpg
    bike_move_portland2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 210
  • bike_move_portland.jpg
    bike_move_portland.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 210
S

Sianelle

Yeeeeha! I love the cycle tricks photo with the green bicycle sidecar outfit :D

A

andyinchville1

Bicycles are probably stronger than many of us give them credit for (well, some may be beefed up a little)....I am always impressed when I see the circus (I can't even think of the name cirque de something)....when they have like a dozen or so people hanging off a bike....wow....I did like the real world examples of bikes being used for work and hauling....amazing!
Andrew

M

mopedjay

when you have a stove on the front how the **** do you see where your going

that green now thats a cool sidecar i love it i should build one for my moped

H

hotsauce492003

Andy;
I have broken couple frames; and every time it has been stress fatigue, smaller cyclic loads over a period of time that did it(my sisters bike, one of them...cause I was 15 then and enjoyed doing BMX and jumping with it again and again...). On average a one time excess does not kill a frame. Unless is beyond all design safety factors, like an elephant stepping on it or something of that nature.
So those on that cirque (du Solei?) bike might see their day comming...when something goes wrong with the "tired" frame and gravity might just take care of the rest. Hope not. Anyway they are "professionals", I guess they know.