Clutch Install Clutch

G

I don't know how to install the clutch i have 1 small spring and 1 big one i can't understand where they go?

clutch cable?

Dude, I'm assuming that you are refering to the clutch cable routing. The small spring is supposed to go between the clutch lever arm and cable housing stop (I just throw them aside, really don't need it) the big spring is supposed to ride at the bottom end of the cable housing (adjacent to the cylinder) to keep it away from the cylinder and melting the plastic off. In other words neither one is required to actually act as a spring. If you need picts, let me know. Hope that helps.

The large spring goes over the outer cable to keep it from melting against the engine fins. The smaller OD. one is to return the clutch arm, you may have to cut it to fit, it slips over the inner cable and is compressed to push the arm out. It takes a little fiddling to get right. Have fun, Dave

actually you do need both that's why they give them to you large spring the one that you says is to stop and cable from melting as you so brilliantly stated is exactly that it is called a heat shield the other one right behind the clutch arm is there so you can have good tension on your clutch cable and it can be adjusted properly so that when you actually release the clutch it goes back into position being spring-loaded that's why they call it is spring it is very crucial for proper alignment clutch arm should be flush with the motor not pointing in pointing out it is a little tricky tightening up this **** screw on this cable easiest way I found is leave yourself as much room for just me as you can on the handlebars get needle nose pliers push it through tighten up just snug pull tight and then get it as tight as you can if it has plan it will slide off and then you will have no ability to disengage your clutch

this is an old thread from the days when the clutch lever had no spring - the cable spring is no longer used

that's assuming you're using that junky lever they ship the kits with though. some people don't start with a kit

Back