Installing generator to a predator motor to power lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost positive that the flywheel pictured will fit the 212 Predator.
[/QUOT
Cool.
I think the OP over estimates the cost of ebike bits from china - as cheap as - & the thing is all the nerdy electric stuff is done for you professionally in massive factories.

just find a way of spinning the wheel or the hub, plug in the modules like throttle, controller w/ regen, informative lcd display, battery - & viola - 12 - 48v power & charging circuitry.

there is a use case where one simply uses ones ebike as EITHER a bike or genny. If the grids out - my ebike can be an emergency generator - or - i can commute by day and generate by night.

Do you really think your hub would generate enough electricity to run your fridge and lights?

I don't know, either way.

Just asking.:)

Do you really think your hub would generate enough electricity to run your fridge and lights?

I don't know, either way.

Just asking.:)
DIY ebike kits come in many power configurations - 2500w seems common - i imagine they are heavy to ship

have a sniff around aliexpress (& alibaba - dont be too put of by the wholesale only thing)

Here’s an idea.....

find a used motorcycle alternator and charging system.

Fabricate the bracket.

Run the pulley on a jack shaft.

I've never seen a separate alternator on a motorcycle. Usually they're internal, running right off the crankshaft. But you could do that with a lawn-tractor alternator like this one:

I've never seen a separate alternator on a motorcycle. Usually they're internal, running right off the crankshaft. But you could do that with a lawn-tractor alternator like this one:

That looks sweet! Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back