Intake pipe size

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
7:34 AM
What size pipe does the carb fit onto? I gotta do something like this in order to make my carb fit on this frame and run good. I got a hose, I just need a pipe to cut and use to couple the hose and carb. Not trying to get some sort of performace production from it. I just need something that will let me use the stock intake manifold.
ExtIntake.jpg

Not my engine. Found this image on the internets.

What size pipe does the carb fit onto? I gotta do something like this in order to make my carb fit on this frame and run good. I got a hose, I just need a pipe to cut and use to couple the hose and carb. Not trying to get some sort of performace production from it. I just need something that will let me use the stock intake manifold.
View attachment 163174

Not my engine. Found this image on the internets.
You have the speed carb right? If you got a speed carb it should fit on a 3/4 pipe/seamless tubing. So you would need some sort of 3/4" hose & a pair of clamps. Or do you have a bofeng? Too many threads I've been on lately. LOL

Well... I got some make-em-work stuff at my local small box hardware store. I am jury-rigging the crap out of this just to see what works and what doesn't. I am not trying to get an A in shop class.

I did notice a big difference between the 3/4 circle pipe that is flanged onto the rectangular intake on the 40mm Zeda and what I got rigged up to the stock intake. However... I also have an air leak where my hardware store piece goes into the carb. This is a before picture of what I came up with for future research. Right now I have the joint covered in gasket sealer... I know I know... -- I am a scientist kind of guy. I go through a lot of trial and error.

Professor: Zak, that won't work.
Zak: Yeah but I wanna try anyway.
Professor: ... sigh

temporaryintake.jpg

Yeah, all that goop just made a mess. Still leaks air. You guys prolly knew that was gonna happen though ;). Back to the drawing board.

I think I am just gonna cut my crap intake and make a coupler.

Get a ¾" 45° copper pipe fitting, I think they make them in 60° as well.

That's what I got was a copper fitting. It was loose in the carb. I even wrapped tape around it to thicken it up. I just have to find a hacksaw.

Professor: Zak, that won't work.
Zak: Yeah but I wanna try anyway.
Professor: ... sigh
Dr. Professor Zackery Smith after his "working" on the Jupiter Two...lol...lol.

That's what I got was a copper fitting. It was loose in the carb. I even wrapped tape around it to thicken it up. I just have to find a hacksaw.
This was one of the reasons why i told you 3/4" heater hose when i saw you yesterday...lol.

I just realized. I have the Bufang but spelled right on this bike. Does it have a larger opening? I think I have another iSpeed laying around from a years old kit. I can prolly clean it up.

Back