Intake type question.

Fuel filter is backwards. You don't want any down loops in the fuel line.

You could probably get rid of the one arm and most of the center leg of that manifold and have a usable manifold in the end. The carb would just point out to the right. If you cut it off, make sure it's cut square and ease the edges with a file.

These small engine fuel filters will work mounted in either direction

But here are the reasons to mount it correctly.

The reason for not mounting the fuel filter upside down is because... The filter element is affixed to the cap and it's accordion shaped
If it's mounted upside down (cap up towards tank)) the flow of fuel can rupture (rip) the filter element and then dirt can get thru.
If it's mounted correctly (cap down towards carb)) the filter element may collapse over time if not replaced regularly. Fuel will still flow but at least no dirt will get thru
A ripped filter element lets dirt thru

That makes sense.

Update: I'm a dumb face. I'm off doing chores right now. Right before I left, I realized that I never torques the head nuts. I torqued them to 12ft lb. (They each took at least a half a turn) and went on a quick round the block ride and it seemed a lot better.

That makes sense.

Update: I'm a dumb face. I'm off doing chores right now. Right before I left, I realized that I never torques the head nuts. I torqued them to 12ft lb. (They each took at least a half a turn) and went on a quick round the block ride and it seemed a lot better.
We will talk more tomorrow...lol.

Back