Interested in buying sprocket hub clamp

Granite80

Local time
10:55 PM
So I have a stock rag joint and stock 44t sprocket setup. All stock. I was thinking of getting just a bit more torquey and upping to a 48 tooth. Although, the bigger the gear, bigger pain in the ass it is to true the rag joint. So I saw a bunch of people buy a hub clamp and it’s like 1,2,3. Super easy, however I’m very concerned with the hub slipping. I have a road master granite peak. And it’s a tiny 1 inch hub. I want to buy one, but I don’t want slippage. All the videos have been very unclear on how to fix them. Are there any simple ways to get reliable results? I want no slippage at all. Just want to put it on, and be done with. Also, are there any other suggestions for preformance, or reliability mods I should get? I got really interested into a jack shaft kit till I saw how hard and expensive it is. just bought a new set of rear brakes, a new fuel line and filter (old one was pissing on my leg), and a analog speedometer! Thanks to who read/reply!
D853BD7B-8CF8-43BB-8E7C-FF3F51BAC416.jpeg

When ya put the 2 hub clamp pieces together around the hub make sure there is a little gap so it can be tightened tight.
Ya might have to file the ends where they butt together to get it to fit tight.
Also drill and tap a couple set screws in the hub clamp to keep it from slipping

Also, just took another look at the cylinder. Why is there so much scoring?? I can’t feel any of them but it looks bad! I’ve been running 32/1. And taking it easy! Is this normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 192
I've built a lot of bikes with the old spare tire adapter and never had an issue with any of them. Those hub adapters need some love before you can use them, if you get the right size.

They can slide so sandblasting the surface lightly or scratching it and adding a set screw is a good idea. I was also thinking of cutting lines with a hacksaw so it grips better.

They can slide so sandblasting the surface lightly or scratching it and adding a set screw is a good idea. I was also thinking of cutting lines with a hacksaw so it grips better.

Instead of cutting lines with a hacksaw, Just pound the lines in with a cold chisel. This way ya move the material instead of removing material.
Also a good way to make a knurled pattern is to use a center punch and punch a hundred dimples in it.

Of course also add a couple set screws

Back