Interesting Frames

M

mickey

Interesting indeed. If you want to motorize a stretch cruiser, do you need something like the OC stingray adapters to make a HT fit?

azbill

the main thing the occ sprocket mount and engine mount help with are clearing the big back tire (4.5" wide)
if running a standard (up to 2.125 wide) tire, I don't think occ mounts would be necessary

M

mickey

Sorry, I really meant just the motor mount adapters. The stretch on that website is gorgeous but looks way too long on the bottom tube to connect a china motor without some kind of front mount adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received one of the Falcon GTS bikes. The bike itself is surprisingly sturdy and generally well-built (fit and finish is better than comparably priced Wallyworld bikes). The frame is too small for the frame-mounted 4 stroke Grubee motor I intended for it, but a 70cc HT fits well and looks awesome. I have not yet figured out how I want to mount the tank, but I'm leaning toward a rack mounted tank.

I just received one of the Falcon GTS bikes. The bike itself is surprisingly sturdy and generally well-built (fit and finish is better than comparably priced Wallyworld bikes). The frame is too small for the frame-mounted 4 stroke Grubee motor I intended for it, but a 70cc HT fits well and looks awesome. I have not yet figured out how I want to mount the tank, but I'm leaning toward a rack mounted tank.

That's a bummer, I really wanted to try to cram a grubee 4-stroke on that Military styled cruiser. How close is it to fitting?

H

Hive

Cruiser Frames etc

Try Chubby, Phat and Felt ...and there is a fellow in Antigo, Wisconsin who has an inventory of original Schwinn and maybe Monarch frames. I dropped his tag when I decided to stay with CF type frames.

H

Hive

Military Enough?

FROM DER FELT FIRM...

Attachments

• 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 298
J

Jim H

My experience with HT on a stretch cf... every bolt on mount I attempted to make, failed. It really needs to be a well fabricated, welded mount that can either be bolted on or directly welded on...I don't have the tools or welder to fabricate a decent mount which is why I switched to the rack mount.