Chain Tensioner Interesting Idea for Tensioner...

Good tips. I tried sanding for a bit, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. To be honest, the threads on the stock jet (which fits perfectly) look sharper and bigger than the threads on the new jets.

I might actually just go with this though... Even if the threads allow a little extra fuel by, the size I'll most likely be using (.64 or so) is the largest of the five I ordered -- I could go down to a .60 if needed.

Good tips. I tried sanding for a bit, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. To be honest, the threads on the stock jet (which fits perfectly) look sharper and bigger than the threads on the new jets.

I might actually just go with this though... Even if the threads allow a little extra fuel by, the size I'll most likely be using (.64 or so) is the largest of the five I ordered -- I could go down to a .60 if needed.
Have a soldering iron and some solder? Just lightly solder the hole shut in the one that fits, redrill.

Could just be putting thread A into pattern B:
main-qimg-3f248a4c4fd9632bf2fc3347ab58db7f-1.jpg

Have a soldering iron and some solder? Just lightly solder the hole shut in the one that fits, redrill.
I do have one handy... I'll definitely consider it. I'd just need to buy some small bits.

Could just be putting thread A into pattern B:
Definitely could be it. I'll try and find a magnifying glass and have a look at the threads to see.

To heck with carburetors! Imma replace the spark plug with a fuel injector and sprinkle some ECU dust on the CDI. That oughta do the trick :rolleyes:

when you contacted them through eBay?
I haven't yet! Writing them an email first thing after this post though.

Last edited:
They replied very quickly!

Hello, and thanks for your purchase. Some NT carbs are threaded a bit tight, but these jets will still fit. You can use a little bit of 2 cycle oil on the threads, and as big of a flat-head screwdriver as you can fit fully down in the slot of the jet. Twist in a bit, then out. Repeat this over and over until it seats. Make sure to have the screwdriver squarely in the slot and apply pressure so it doesn't back out and strip it.

The problem is with the sometimes sloppy threads cut in the NT carb and the jets they use. There is only one thread-pitch 5mm jet size available, and the some of the NT's have pretty sloppy tolerances.
So I think that goes hand in hand with just needing the get the thread shapes right. I'll probably go ahead and try this when I get home later tonight.

I tried their recommendation. Worked like a charm! Didn't strip anything either, and the stock one still fits perfectly too.

It runs!!! Tested it out at 8,500 feet and it runs pretty well. Lol it has very little power, but that's to be expected for a small engine with a single gear ratio; I'm sort of wishing I had a 56 tooth sprocket (I don't care too much about speed), maybe another time. With pedal help, it goes up hills well. Tensioner held up well too.

You guys helped me along the way, so thank you very much!!

I avoided all this by simply getting an arch idle arm chain tensioner since I put it on I've never had a problem.
However I think that's a great idea of putting it on the top bar I really like that it works more like the arch tensioner. And as far as the chain rubbing on the nut or the bolt any contact is bad contact it's eventually going to wear down the metal and you're going to have chain breakage whether you're using it camping especially camping you don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere with a busted chain because eventually that chain will fail , you should try a different type of Bolt perhaps in Allen bolt they have smaller heads and circumference at top it might be just that amount that you need to get clearance I replaced all the bolts on my engine all the screws on my engines with hardened steel Allen bolts Allen screws whatever you want to call them and talked him down with thread lock And as far as gaskets go you can go to Carquest or AutoZone possibly and you can get your own gasket maker they come in sheets they're like 10 inches by 3ft or 16 inches by 3 ft they come in various materials such as a felt type which is a thick paper like gasket you simply cut it or use punches or a hole puncher to make your holes and a sharp razor or scissors a small piece of conduit connector you know those little copper pieces I sharpened up one Edge and use that as a punch with a piece of soft wood below it I use the paper I use the cork it just depends on what you are applying at 2 I've got both so each one has not failed me yet you're very good you can use copper base gasket sealer prep if you'd like just a little bit very little bit on each side death contacts for a little extraOOOMF! .
Anyhow very good ideas great discussion guys thank you

Back