Intoduction

B

budedank

Greetings People,

I live in Cali but also have a spot in AZ. I like to tinker but have friends that are 1st class machinist. I only go to them for the complex stuff that requires a lathe. I'm in the process of adding a motor to an adult trike. I have a Makita Brush Cutter(EM4251).

I'm just getting started on this. It will eventually be for my dad who needs to be able to get to the grocery store. He's 84 and cant pass the vision test for his DL cause of a bad eye. The cool thing is that there's a great new route to the grocery store that's a paved bike path. It's about a 3 mile round trip..

I picked up a trike that's old but very cool in my opinion. It has a 3 speed hub with a coaster brake. These were rare as I recall. There two sprockets attached to the 3 speed hub and one has a chain going back to the rear axel that has a transaxel on it.

I was thinking of attaching the motor to the 3 speed hub. I thought it would be cool to change gears while using the motor.

Ok, I hope that's not too long of an intro. I welcome any suggestions, especially about the motor and how to connect a sprocket or pulley

thanks,
Budedank:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back