Intro/My Bike/Help

Okay guys that bike is not happening now but I want to find something on craigslist...

Is a road bike the way to go?

Should I get a multi gear? I see a few single gear bikes, kinda neat...

I mean I know from petaling that my road bike destorys a regular mountain bike, even one with the smaller road bike tires... But when an engine is involved, does the road bike still have an advantage?

I understand Ill likely have to search for those answers but here is a question that is a bit more difficult to search for...

I recently road an eletric (e) bike... Pretty fast, it had the motor in the frame in a contained clean looking box. Didnt catch the type. On hill sit was very slow, i could probably out pedal it (steep hill) and downhill it was very fast. The engine's throttle appeared not to be just on/off but the power delivery was very close to an on/off switch, not a ton of difference...

Anyways now that you may understand what I road, how will a 48cc (or 70-80cc, as Ill likely get the Thats Dax 70cc or King Motors 80cc engine) compare to that bike?

Glad you found the tribe. Look around the forum and post your questions in the proper place. Welcoem to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

Hey guys!

I have to get my parents on board to the idea of the motor bike but here is the bike I am REALLY liking and considering...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/516148268.html

Mountain bike but with the road bike style frame (will this be an easy frame mounted motor job?)... Also has new tires that are more road oriented, and not to expensive for a nice setup...

So do you guys agree that this is the way to go?

I am starting to read about frame strength etc... and getting somewhat worried at seeing pictures of broken frames... And the thought of the engine randomly seizing due to a frame issue is pretty scary...

How will this one work? No mod's necessary?

Back