Intro Post from Sheppard Jones

Hi Sheppard. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question.
Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

I special ordered the bike from Worksman. 20 inch cruiser frame, Springer fork, front drum brake, rear coaster, kevlar tires, alloy rims with stainless spokes (11 gauge), extra wide bars, and extra long stem, sealed cranks with a 36 tooth front sprocket. Wald flashlight holder for LED 2 D Maglite. Serpas made a great rear flasher that went off the rear chrome rack. Heated and bent the seat post for that laid back seat. Added gusset and rechromed seat post. Added track pedals with toe clips and leather straps.
Spoke to Wayne Sosin at Worksman a few times, the bike was a hit before the motor.
Sheldon Brown site was indispensable for American bike parts and knowledge.
S.T.C. sent a grubee skyhawk 66 kit. added 36 tooth speed sprocket.
Fabricator cut out middle horizontal to clear carb, spark plug. Doing this also raised motor out of pedal chain guard. Went back with engine guards. These do a great job of preventing burned legs. Also had to use 7/8 d.o.m. pipe to alter muffler to fit. Also had to mill aluminum block to alter motor mount for bent drop bar. Welded tank straps to frame. Added tab for motor chain guard mount. Drilled and tapped frame for chain tensioner, incorporated coaster brake to same place.
Bike weighed 49lbs before motor, weighs 79lbs dry now.
Runs very well, I use AMS Oil intercepter. Just got thru the 4th tank.
Plan to break it down now and powdercoat the frame.
Only complaint is leaky brass gas cock. (from the center, not the threads!)
(photo album on my profile page)

Last edited:
Back