Introduce myself from El Paso, Texas

H

HikerBob

Howday All,

HikerBob here in El Paso, Texas.

I just bought a Ruihong 80cc two-cycle bicycle engine and it'll be here in a week to install on my 30 year old heavy weight Diamondback mountain bike.

Looking forward to the experience of riding it, expect 80cc two cycle will be a lots of engine for this bike.

Yesterday I drove a foldup bike with 33cc two-cycle engine a friend of mine bought after he heard I had bought the engine to mount on mine. Was a BLAST to drive!

Here is Texas we have quite a few laws about motored bicycles to deal with as far as driving the streets.

Thanks for reading this, looking forward to being a part of your gang.

HikerBob in El Paso, Texas:cool

Welcome to MB.c, HB!

expect 80cc two cycle will be a lots of engine for this bike.
Yes and no... Yes, if it were indeed a true 80cc and had a little more compression (and a little more attention paid to counterbalancing of the rotating/reciprocating assembly...).

But as it stands, these engines are lower-compression, somewhere around 7:1 (regular gas, though!) and in the case of what some sellers advertise as "80"ccs winds up being a 67.5cc motor. I have one of these mounted and running for at least 10 rides... and as the engine continues to break-in, it is indeed more than enough engine for the grade of components usually found on a bicycle. Speeds above 30 can be achieved so one had better have good brakes!

I for one am looking forward to seeing some pics of your build and to hearing about some of your rides. Again, welcome!

:)~

You are going to mix it up in EP on a motored bicycle. You are tougher than woodpecker lips! I get over there fairly frequently. Love the cafe by the old Cemetry.
Welcoem to the tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!

Back