Introduce yourself

J

JHarkins

Hello, it's a good thing I don't make my living with computors. After making my intro in the wrong place, posting several note and having email problems I have finaly gotten to the wright place to say Hi.
I just tarned 52 a week ago and my wife pruchased a Morini Motori Fm128 for my birthday. These little bike engines are quite new to me but The whole idea seems like a lot of fun. I was finaly able to find my 12g spokes, so this project is going to get started. In my younger years I rode Trumpets (Tiger & Daytona 500s), Yamaha 650s (I still have a basket case in the garage), Hondas and an FXR. I've been reading about Winged Wheels and Cyclemasters and found the entire subject intriguing. I live in a small berg of only 1500 souls with mostly muscle bikes and my friends are more than a little cunfused, they just stare at it. It's quite fun. Well, I've finaly done this in the correct place so I will say fareweel for now. Thank You All.

there he is... :)

dude, there's a method to our madness...we like actually knowing where everything is...it helps with the whole memory thing (i'm 50 last month, average age here is above 35 i believe)... :p

wait til you put one together & fire it up...i don't miss the old k1000p one tiny bit. just today, a guy asked me if i came over because i wanted to look at his mondo-suzuki, i sed "honestly, heck no, i've seen 1000's of power-bikes, come see what i'm riding." he was blown away & it's not even running right now :LOL: :LOL:

welcome to MBc 8)

I still like riding full sized cycles, but I have no interest whatsoever in new crotch rockets. My old Yamaha goes fast enough, though it's in a box. But the idea of someday building something along the line of an '0? harley or indian on say a Worksman frame sounds like pure pleasure. But for now I have so many other things to do, like finishing my FM. Think I'll enjoy it first.

JHarkins06 said:
only 1500 souls with mostly muscle bikes and my friends are more than a little cunfused

Welcome JHarkins06, it's simple these are muscle bicycles compared to pedal power :D

hi

hi jharkins,
welcome to MBc! another in the pnw! cool you are not that far from highway 8 out toward tillamook over the astoria bridge and into my neck of the beached woods lol...good luck and happy motoring!

Thank you to everyone for the welcome. Turns out there's also another rider here in Jefferson and also in Woodburn. Give me a holler either here or in my guest book. I think that's how it works anyway. I'm hoping to have coffee with 'iRide Customs' here in town. And to 'quay1962' maybe we can get up your way. I know I'll be in Beaver come Elk season. Enjoy!

JHarkins06 said:
Thank you to everyone for the welcome. Turns out there's also another rider here in Jefferson and also in Woodburn. Give me a holler either here or in my guest book. I think that's how it works anyway. I'm hoping to have coffee with 'iRide Customs' here in town. And to 'quay1962' maybe we can get up your way. I know I'll be in Beaver come Elk season. Enjoy!

Did you say you are in little old Jefferson Oregon?!?! Well coffee at Papa's place sounds good to me! Name the time and I'll cruise Brutus down there and meet you.

Dan

Hello again Dan. I read the message first, but any time friday would be fine. give me a Holler. -2913.

Back