Introduce yourself

Will do! I sent you another PM.

By the way, where did your wife purchase your engine and what did it cost? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,

Dan

Hello everyone. Just finished having coffee with Dan/iRideCustoms. To answer his questions so everone knows. I got my Morini engine from Herdan, in Pennsylvania, for $500. You can find them by googleing 'Franco Morini Kickbut Engines'. They carry several of Morini's engines that would probably with not to much work, replace the chinese engines most people are running. Morini makes small racing engines for most of the European market incuding a large line of HiPerformance 50cc's, some of these 50cc engines produce 11+ horsepower and the 65cc is a whopping 16.7hp, these include the MotoMorini engines and the Sachs/Rotary Bike, as well as the 900cc Benneli race engines. Their own site is 'morinimotori.com', but don't waste your time trying to contact them directly. They either don't speek or read english or don't care, as months of emails got me nowhere. The folks at Herdan were very helpful and kind. After speeking with Dan/iRidesCustoms I belive my next bike will be a repro of an Industrial Schwinn with a wide rear tire and a 50cc Morini engine. He made a good argument for building from scratch as their is as much or more work involved in refitting and altering an old frame as there is building a new one. ------------ On a different subject Dan here are the web sites I told you about, I will also send them to you directly. { herdan.com },{ morinimotori.com },{ freelights.co.uk },{ autocycles.co.uk },{ balloonbikes.com },{ pletscher.ch },{ user.globalnet.co.uk/~pattle/nacc/arcindex.htm }. And for fun, at the last site, look up the 'Hudspith Steam Bicycle'! I have learned alot about the early development of motored bikes, known as autocycles in England, from these sites and would love to own a BSA Winged Wheel or CycleMaster engine. Maybe with as long as this text has become I'll just tell you to look this item up instead, if thats OK with you Dan. Like I've given you alot of choice. And to Augi, give me a Holler, Dan is a great deal of fun and while we were having coffe we found another autocycle rider here in Jefferson and gave him the club site. He's been riding for three years now. So I think I will also forward this to the fellow in Wood burn and anyone else between Ocean Park and here. You said there was someone on the Oregon Coast? Drop him a note, maybe we can all get together. There is a marvelous view from the top of Mt. Hebo. That is about half way between you and me, with asphalt going all the way to the top. It has camping ares for the less adventurous but plenty of open forest for the rest. PS- I've got to learn to use that preview to proof read these thing instead of edit. Someone is eventualy going to get upset.

Welcome to the club.....LOL.....It was nice talking to you on the phone looking forward to riding with everyone here in the PNW.Justin aka JE

John,

Thanks again for sitting down for coffee and coming to my shop for great conversation afterward. I'm excited about your new project! Nice to see a few more people in the area interested in this hobby!!

Let me know if you need help obtaining parts and thanks for the links!

Dan

Dan; Twas a pleasure chatting! But I forgot to give you that Lindsay Catalog. I'll save it for you. Thier products can also be found at { lindsaybks.com } and I believe there was once a book or two on bicycle production in there. Also thank you again for the tire and wheel information.

Back