Introducing Myself

Chowder Pilot

Local time
9:34 AM
Hey there good people at MotoredBikes.Com. I have been looking at the forum for about a month now.

I live in Australia and we are just coming into summer. A perfect time to experience the pleasures of motorised bikes!

I just purchased my first Motored Bike - a Kustom Kruiser cantilever dragster with a chinese "80"cc engine (Kings Motor). Setup/install by distributor of these motors in Aus. I'm told the bike was used briefly as some form of pace-bike. The bike was brand-new when motor was installed. It's almost new. Motor just run-in. Runs beautifully. Looks classic.

Unfortunately my chain snapped yesterday. I've taken it to a 2-stroke/mower shop to get it fixed. They have a technician there who builds his own motorised bikes. I'm yet to meet him but I'm told he's pretty passionate about everything to do with Motorised Bikes so he should be a very handy person to meet.

Future of my bike:

Want to change the spark-plug, Ignition lead (my digital speedo does odd things - due possibly to interference from the current Ign.lead ), modify the carby and get more power (and importantly, LESS noise) from the exhaust system.

Looking to purchase the SBP Shifter kit down the track for possible use with a Shimano nexus 7 speed hub.

I am very new to all this. I think I've caught the MB bug though. I'm just a regular bloke with reasonable mechanical abilities for a hobbyist and a decent tool kit. I hope this will be enough to keep me out of too much trouble!

I must say I have learned a LOT just by regularly reading the threads on MotoredBikes.Com.

As a forum, you blokes sure know pretty much everything there is to know about these intriguing machines.

I look forward to learning so much more from the MB.Com community in the future.

I will post some photos of the machine along with some specs when it comes back from the shop.

Any suggestions/tips/ideas you generous lot can offer about gettting the most out my setup would be hugely appreciated by this green newcomer!

All the best and thanks for taking the time to allow me to introduce myself to the forum.

Best Regards,

Chowder Pilot.

G'day man & welcome to MBc.
The only tip so far is keep on reading peoples posts/threads and ask questions if u don't understand anything.Knowing & working on your bike is everything,so once u get a little more confident u won't need to pay someone;besides,you'll do a better job yourself anyway. :)

BTW....nice intro.

Yes, having an expert to turn to in person is bound to be helpful.

I doubt if you can get more power and less noise. You're likely going to have to sacrifice one for the other. But I'm no authority on this. If you do manage it, then please share the how-to's with us.

And fetor is right; that was a good intro.

We'll see you around.

Good intro, You are lucky to run into someone who has experience with MB's - He may be able to help with a couple of those um.. fixes. A quieter exhaust should be an easy fix - with out sacrificing much power - but... adding weight.
Good luck and gooday !

Oooh... 1 more thing. I have to say I'm more than a little jealous you are just going into summer -and it is cold as can be here - so cold it's un-ridable (20's) and were not even in the heart of winter yet. :(

Back