Introducing myself

S

Scottm

My name is Scott, I'm from Watauga, TX, a tiny suburb of Fort Worth. I just bought a 50cc enginge kit form www.thatsdax.com . I got it all installed in a102 degree warehouse(with tons of e-mail help from Grady and several posts here).
I only have one problem. My bike runs at full speed. I'm sure I goofed the carb assembly, but it could be the cable. I'll attach a photo of that I'm having the biggest problem with in the tech section.
Good to be here. I bought this motor kit because I have a friend living on my couch who won't leave because she can't afford a car, so I built this for her. I may have to get one for myself soon.
Thanks in advance for any help I will obtain from this site.

Sticky Carb assembly

Thanks for the welcome. I will take it apart and try again. I also searched this site and found where other guys had the same problem and needed to polish or clean up the inside of the slide.

it's always good to hear the info still finds it way to the top & helps...watch for over-tightening of the carby "cap" as it can cause the slide to snag in the top of the bore...

welcome to MBc 8)

Ooops

Thats for that info too, but i busted the little metal end piece off the cable about 5 minutes ago. I've been playing with the carb all morning and thought about that cap, it seems to only go on two turns. I must be cross threading, but I don't over tighten.
So that slide must have been stuck like you said and when I turned the throttle that slug on the end popped off.
Do I go back to dax or can I get one at my local bkie shop?

Thank you thank you, thank you.

That's it

it's always good to hear the info still finds it way to the top & helps...watch for over-tightening of the carby "cap" as it can cause the slide to snag in the top of the bore...

welcome to MBc 8)

Augidog. I put the slide in with the needle and it did not go all the way in, then I noticed that little brass bump on one side of the bore and that black thing in the bottom lining up with the cut out on the bottom of the slide(a screw I think). My problem was that I did not have the slider in alignmet properly and that caused the sticking.
As for the cross threading, it just takes patiences to find that happy spot working against the spring
Your little "watch for" was a big answer. Thanks

Back