Introduction

cardenas_m

Local time
10:09 PM
Hi Guys,

Great Site, I am glad I stumbled across your forum! I live in the Portland Oregon area and am looking to convert a mtb to a motorized setup. I am leaning towards an electric setup, just because I would like for it to remain on the "DL" as possible.

On that note I had found a diy set up (not hub) that someone posted on the iternet somewhere, in which this person was able to hook up a regular scooter motor to the rear wheel opposite side of the gear sprocket into another sprocket that was afixed into the holes of where the rear disk brake used to be. I've been looking all day yesterday and today and I can't seem to find this information anymore. Anybody have any idea where i can find that link or DIY information?

cardenas_m

hey cardenas_m
welcome to the site
I do believe there are a few folks in your area that have MBs
as for the forums here, there's a lot of knowledgeable folks here and I'm sure someone will be around shortly to point you in the right direction.
electric motors aren't really my thing, but there does seem to be a lot of people using them on their bikes. so you should have some good luck

Back