Introduction

M

mac

Hi,

I am 6 ft. 2; weigh 220 lbs. and because of age, ride moutain bicycles at a slow pace.

I want a motor bike that will provide enough power for steep hills.

I would like to learn from the group what is the best power train to use; ie. chain; belt, etc.

I would like to know who makes the best gas motor to be used and what displacemrnt would be most satisfactory.

Also, I would appreciate knowing what bicycle manufacturer makes the best bike for this application.

I know this is asking a lot and some may be hesitant in making recommendations.

I thank all of you in advance regarding any help that you take time to offer.

Cheers,

Mac

cool! well, i know you're new, but i suggest you try to learn a bit about using the search feature...you WILL find tons of info here to help you make your choices...whenever you find a topic that interests you, feel free to post a reply to it with your input or question.

btw-you're not gonna have a problem with your weight or height if you do your homework :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

Yup! do the home work. Awsome, Augie, gentile yet to the point. Mac, Tom, Augie and the moderaters have laid it out so that there is all the information you could want at your call and beckoning. Just learn the search functions and off you go. I'm sure you can ask the proper questions within the proper threads, Mac.
May the farce be with U.
Doc

Welcome Mac to MBc. You will find the answers you need and most everyone here eager to help from selection to install to maintenance. Move slow now so you can move fast later.

Hi Mac. Welcome to MBC. IMO the threads on hill climbing concentrate on Gebe too much. Don't neglect checking out Staton chain drive.

Awsome, Augie, gentile yet to the point.
Doc
it sure is easy when a new member will clue us in ahead of time, no?

mac...'van's right, of course...this is why you have to do some research. people tend to go with the first "recommendation" they receive as gospel and that can lead to buyer's remorse later, and maybe we lose another potential riding buddy.

Ya, that is a good point, Augie and don't you wish they all would have the decency to do that?
Good on ya Mac!
Doc

Hey Mac! Welcome, welcome, welcome. Take a look around, do your searches and research, and I'm sure we'll have you up and rolling in no time... If you need help with the tech. stuff (navigating the board, etc.) don't be afraid to ask.

Back