Introduction

U

ulmo

Hello, I'm from Estonia, thirty years old and in my youth had several motorized bicycles.
I started with Gauja, then had Riga 7 and a little later Riga 11. When I got old enough to legally drive over 50ccm bikes, I bought myself shiny new Voshod 3M (It's 175cm3 2 stroke Russian motcycle). I sold it some years later and this spring, after 8 years or so, i bought Suzuki V-Strom 650 K7.
Now I'v been thinking about "returning to innocence" and put some little engine on my mountain bike. Doing research about current opportunities, I found this forum. Seems, that motorized bicycles are extremely popular in Northern America, but I found almost no information about European kit sellers.

About my technical skills. I have had 3 years of 4 of college in automotive engineering, so I know quite much about internal combustion engines, materials and technologies, fuels and oils.

Last edited by a moderator:
ulmo

Hello, I'm from Estonia
You and Marko Martin! Welcome Ulmo!

Thank you for providing pictures of some of your old rides... those were very interesting!

Sorry to hear that you haven't found much info on present-day european motor kit sellers... keep digging and let us know what you might find. You might have to build an American-flavored version with Chinese power, then! LOL. See my post signature...

About my technical skills. I have had 3 years of 4 of college in automotive engineering, so I know quite much about internal combustion engines, materials and technologies, fuels and oils.
I look forward, then, to hearing your input in our threads on these related topics.

Again, Welcome to MB.c!

:)~

Welcome. It's amazing how diverse the members are on this forum.

I love the internet.

I've known of Markko since his WRC debut over 7 years ago... (I think it's been 7...).

Anyway, I did not know of Marko Asmer and Urmo Aava... but now I do!

I also saw your post in that "Hybrid Bike to beat them all..." thread... brilliant input there, Ulmo.

Very nice to have you here on MB.c, that's for sure.

Curious, if it is 10 PM here in Los Angeles, CA USA... what time is it where you are in Estonia? And what's the winter weather like for you this time of year?

Thanks!

-Chris

:)~

By the way, your use of English is excellent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious, if it is 10 PM here in Los Angeles, CA USA... what time is it where you are in Estonia? And what's the winter weather like for you this time of year?

Estonia is so small that it has only one timezone, it's GMT+2

Bean Oil said:
By the way, your use of English is excellent!

Thank you, it's good to know. I'm much worse at spoken english, because the lack of practice (mainly pronunciation mistakes). And I'm sure I make silly mistakes, but I consider that normal, important is that meaning of my writing/speaking gets to audience.

Back