Introduction

fylerc1

Local time
4:25 AM
My name is Charlie and I've been reading your forum for about three months. I'd like to thank you for your enthusiasm and creativity, as has stimulated my own and motivated me to by my own 50cc kit. I'd never been interested in dirt bikes, snowmobiles or ATVs until walking out of a thrift store here in Jacksonville. Someone with quite a bit of ingenuity had fabricated a mount on a bicycle for a big orange chainsaw. The idea seemed out of this world to me. Could a chainsaw run a bicycle? I paid the $40 and greedily loaded the thing into the trunk of my LeSabre. Later, while researching gear ratios I found this forum. It was the beautiful bikes I've seen here, combined with my serious lack of mechanical knowledge that prompted me to give up on the chainsaw bike. I have no welding experience, and so I have no easy way of making the bike run. It sits, blue and yellow and hideously orange in the garage waiting for craigslist. But the seed was been planted in my mind, and I know that I must own a bike as awesome as the creations I've seen here.

I'm a 27 year old law student. I have no mechanical know-how, and I'm not authorized to give legal advice until I pass the bar. But I'm friendly and have read some cases on motorized bikes in Florida.

Welcome aboard Charlie. The law is so convoluted in this area, I don't think anyone understands it.

Welcome to MBc from from the Giant Side of Texas! Got a picture of your find?

I hope that worked.

Someone asked, so I've attached a photo of the chainsaw motor (outside of it's casing) and the bike I got with fabricated mount. The sprocket on the chainsaw has 14 teeth.

Back