introductory hello and thank you

S

shaftdrive

Been reading this forum for a while and because of this my first build went nearly flawlessly. Thanks to all for the info and problems to watch out for. Wanted a project for the winter here in Wyoming (7200 ft) so researched for many many hours here and vender sites. Came up with a Columbia cruiser and a chinese 48cc round head. Turned out great..........looks so cool and so far runs like a top. Took the maiden voyage today (32 degrees F) 6 miles each way to the post office. Plenty of fun.....guessing 20 mph....no problems except for a strange noise from the coaster brake. took apart after and greased and adjusted........ seems to have fixed it.
I have had Motorcycles my whole life and even raced a Ducati 996 for two years in Colorado. Have a New Triumph Scambler and a BMW R115RS now. This motored bike is a kick..........though it does take a while to get any distance........but thats OK. Going to be 60 next month and still having plenty of fun on two wheels
Again thanks to all on this forum for the info I gained which made this project a joy.

Welcome, glad to see an old timer still rockin like he's in his 20's love it , good luck in everything

:D!

hiya, shaftdrive...i've often tried to imagine what it's like to lurk & build here and i'm glad to know it can still be accomplished...i wonder, did you make use of some private messaging with other members for details, or did you just wade thru everything and find what you needed? any tips on forum-usage for our other lurkers?

oh yeah, i'd love to see the build...got pics? :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

pic of the build

Here is a pic of my bike with the white fluffy background. I didn't pm any members just read read and read somemore. Found out things like front mount ideas.......how to keep the tensioner out of the spokes....getting sprocket centered.........fuel filter...etc. Great place to see all the possible problems faced. Just made things go smoooooth. Internet is such a great place to figure out solutions for anything from tooth infections to mysterious car problems to motorized bicyles. Thanks Al Gore......he invented the internet right?????

Attachments

• DSCF0139.jpg
    DSCF0139.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 137
Welcome to MBc. :cool:
Very nice ride you put together, enjoy the smiles to the mile.

Welcome to MBc. Good looking bike. I like the way it seems like it a part of it's environment.

Back