iRide's Old Schwinn

Here's what I did with that little unsafe engine that was on the death trap pixie bike that I was riding unsafely when I needed a haircut and some new clothes.

Did I do ok this time dad (Ol'Pete)??

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 884
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 997
cool job on the mount
nice ol' schwinn too (not as squirley as the little bike)
man, I wish I was as talented as you, instead of just being a grumpy old dude
:LOL::LOL:

now thats coool i like the bike..i mean it's not a iride custom but neat old schwin nice.....for a long hair...lol-lol

very clean build. and a schwinn to boot!!
I approve!!! :cool:

tell us how it performs

Thanks guys! She runs like a champ! I have been trying different engage/disengage systems so it can come to a stop without killing the engine. I only got to ride it for about 30 min. today before it started raining. For those of you who have friction drive bikes, I sure you know why I couldn't ride anymore:rolleyes:

There is another draw back to this little engine...tank size. Looks like I am good for about 10 or 15 miles at the most. I will have to rig a different tank before it's even close to road worthy.

Dan

On a good run flat out about 28-30mph. I think it's like a 22cc four stroke. I'm going to do some more fine tuning to get it to work a little better. The drive wheel slips a little when I give it full throttle at low speeds. A knurled shaft might solve that problem. I'd like to buy another 2 stroke weed eater an give that a try. I think they're only like $169 for a 28cc or 33cc at Home Depot...can't remember the exact displacement. They also have one that has the pull starter on the opposite side as the output shaft...that would be much better than a friction start IMO.

Dan

That looks good Dan. Not as humorous as the little one, but I bet it rides a bit easier.

Ryobi weed eater

Hi Dan, I have a weedeater like that came from sears maybe 10 years ago? 4-stroke somewhere between 48-50cc the one I have. Sounds like a little Honda 50 motorcycle engine.
Mike

Back