Irish John's Bikes

Alloy 7a.jpg

Alloy 7c.jpg

Alloy 7e.jpg

Alloy 7b.jpgHere are some pictures of my 4-stroke bike project using a Schwinn Cruiser plus one of my workshop with some current 2 stroke bike projects:
I'm using a 2-stroke in the Schwinn until I figure out the 4-stroke rig to use.

Attachments

• PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 396
  • PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 339
  • Motorised Bike1.jpg
    Motorised Bike1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. My latest project

Thanks for your kind comments guys and some ace advice. Here's a picture of a bike I'm building for a mate. It's a Giant Cypress 21" frame with 700C wheels so it will probably go faster than the 26" wheels I'm used to. I spent ages hunting for a comfortable cheap bike and chose this one. I needed double wall rims which ruled out a lot of other bikes and has anyone noticed that the current fashion for sloping top bar on bikes makes fitting a HT 70cc engine harder - that's why it's a 21" frame. The suspended saddle post will have to go because it makes the seat too high in relation to the handlebars.
I've put high rise handlebars on for comfort. The 700C wheel has a thinner tyre than a 26" wheel but I think that will be OK apart from wearing tyres out quicker. One thing I didn't notice until I bought the bike was that the seat tube is a thicker diameter than I've ever come accross and the two engine studs only fit on either side if I force them. This worries me even though it is only about 1mm too wide either side. I just didn't look for that in the shop cos I wasn't expecting it. I've played around with the way I'm fitting it to the frame and I think it should be pretty secure. Wonder if the sideways tension on the studs will crack the engine casing or ruin the seat tube. I hope not. I'm sick of the HT and can't wait to start my Honda 50cc kit but Grubee doen't have a supplier in Australia yet. Wonder would they ship from USA to here. They are cheaper in US than here cos you are a big market and we are a tiny captive market.

Attachments

• Als Bike1.jpg
    Als Bike1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 192
Back