Iron sleeve CG

l installed one of the 49mm sleeved cylinder kits over the weekend. I installed it on a Grubee GT 5. I was
surprised the cylinder worked with the Grubee. I windowed the piston to use it with a G2 reed set up. I also matched the ports in the sleeve to the jug. Past that I didnt do any port mods. The Grubee ran great as a 66, but with the newer style cylinder, 49mm bore, reeds and a Bofeng, its a brute compared to what it was. I spent the day riding it to start the break in. By days end the idle had stabilized and it was loosening up. Its really a great runner for stock parts.

My cylinder has the 70/80 casting mark on one side and the woodpecker on the other. Im pleased with,it complete cylinder kit was $35 shipped. I think you will like
how they run.

One thing I did find that I like over the CDH is plastic piece around magneto wires is threaded instead of just pushed in like most.View attachment 158155
Some of the cdh kits have the screw in. Its on my bikes. May just have been a fluke or out of the plastic bits. So they used a rubber piece instead. I like it too, keeps water out better.

Does anyone have any input on installing 2 lower base gaskets on the 49mm steel sleeve cylinder to help correct piston to port timing? Then having top of cylinder milled down for the added base gaskets. I'm new 2 these 2 strokes so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does anyone have any input on installing 2 lower base gaskets on the 49mm steel sleeve cylinder to help correct piston to port timing? Then having top of cylinder milled down for the added base gaskets. I'm new 2 these 2 strokes so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You'll need to deck the cylinder to keep the squish.

Do you think using my stationary cast iron belt sander for the rough mill work & then using glass to hand sand finish work is a bad idea for this procedure?

Do you think using my stationary cast iron belt sander for the rough mill work & then using glass to hand sand finish work is a bad idea for this procedure?
Yes that's the way ya do it. 120 grit belt on bench top belt sander. Then true it up on plate glass with 220 grit.
10" or 12" peal and stick on sanding disc sheets work great stuck on plate glass. Constantly brush off the aluminum dust

Do not use spray on adhesive to stick on sandpaper sheets. It sprays on uneven and you'll never get the deck flat.
Hold or tape sandpaper sheets down.

You can go finer than 220 grit but I don't think it's necessary.

I'm liking how these China Girls have been evolving. Final assembly is hit-and-miss, but the designs seem to be moving in the right direction. Thank you for the info!

8" disc with a jig to hold your jug square, rough it down on some 120 and then switch to 220 or 320.
You should rotate the jug at least 1/4 turn every couple seconds. If using glass every few passes.

Back