Ironhorse Warrior disc rear hub

Axl Myk

Local time
10:04 PM
I have this Iron Horse bike with dual disc brakes. I'd like to keep the rear disc as is if possible, but I will remove it and install a caliper/rim brake
if it makes sense. I'm thinking a cnc hub drive is needed.
What do others do in this situation?

20201030_134855.jpg20201030_134930.jpg

If you use a shift kit, then you want have to mess with the brake at all. That looks like an aluminum frame so very hard to stretch and put a sprocket on and a disc brake adapter.

It is aluminum. I'm going to be reinforcing the engine mounts.
In Michigan a shift-kit is a no no to keep it as a bicycle so that's out. There's obviously no room for a rag hub so I'll use a cnc hub.

That is a nice bike. Would something like this work?

Above pic shows a smaller sprocket bolted to the outside of the big drive sprocket to reduce gearing. In your case put the sprocket on the inside bolted to the disc.
Also you could get rid of the caliper and put a sprocket where the disc is and use a Vbrake for a rear brake. Just thinking here of different ideas.

Yes, that very well might work. That looks like the best way to get over the hub. I was considering cutting out a 55mm center hole in a sprocket to get over the hub.
I'm going to remove the disc brake anyway. There is 12-13mm between the spokes and outer edge of the hub, so I'll have to make sure the part fits according to the disclosed specs. I see there are a few makers of the hubs.

16041791955444963111860909903484.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes, that very well might work. That looks like the best way to get over the hub. I was considering cutting out a 55mm center hole in a sprocket to get over the hub.
I'm going to remove the disc brake anyway. There is 12-13mm between the spokes and outer edge of the hub, so I'll have to make sure the part fits according to the disclosed specs. I see there are a few makers of the hubs.

View attachment 100836
Before the top hat adapters were out I made my own with 2 sprockets, A bit of a chore, but doable.
View media item 60792
View media item 60790
View media item 60791

Back