Is a 12v generator worth it?

If you want a 12V generator on your bike, the best option is to use stepper motor. Its special type of motor used in 3D prints, CNCs etc. I would use the same holder from bottle dynamo. It needs some rectification from AC to DC and then some regulator to limit voltage to 12V. After that It should work.

If you want a 12V generator on your bike, the best option is to use stepper motor. Its special type of motor used in 3D prints, CNCs etc. I would use the same holder from bottle dynamo. It needs some rectification from AC to DC and then some regulator to limit voltage to 12V. After that It should work.
If a brushed dc motor is used no rectification is necessary but the brushes add drag to the system.

I bought a complete headlight/tailight unit that used a coil that bolted to the other side of the 49cc magneto. It worked flawlessly until the bike was stolen:( Have not seen another one like it online since-Gearhead437

Everything ya ever wanted and more for a Mini Gen 10w lighting system

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back