Is Bicycle Motor Works a good engine to buy?

The-DMV

Local time
11:02 PM
I'm interested in the "Advanced Race Ready 66cc" engine as shown here:
https://bicyclemotorworks.com/product/advacned-race-ready-66cc-bike-engine/

I currently have a Skyhawk 66cc engine with a CNS carb, and I'm dissatisfied with their performance, especially the CNS carb. The top plate and mount to the intake snapped in half because the metal is so soft and fragile. I've had many problems with the metal on the engine being too soft, with cheap bolts that break. The thing is hard to tune and I'm constantly working on it.

I'd rather drop money into something more powerful and reliable.
Is this engine a ripoff? Would it run well?

I currently have a Skyhawk 66cc engine with a CNS carb, and I'm dissatisfied with their performance, especially the CNS carb. The top plate and mount to the intake snapped in half because the metal is so soft and fragile. I've had many problems with the metal on the engine being too soft, with cheap bolts that break. The thing is hard to tune and I'm constantly working on it.

That motor is sweet looking, description is amazing, all ported and timed. Looks like they buy the motors and completely revamp them in the USA. No warranty, price is ok too.

Looks interesting to me as well, but I still love my grubee skyhawk gt5 66cc hasn't let me down yet, power for days and im 220lbs.

I've used that engine personally on multiple bikes, it's a powerhouse beyond a doubt. Now the price range isn't the best but only because I can easily port an engine and modify it to be the same exact thing in a couple hours with a carbide cutting set. I wouldn't personally pay to have the work done for me anymore but if you don't know what or how then that is definitely a noticeable step up.

It does come with his large aluminum cnc head, which is worth every penny on its own since it will work on every happy time and is basically indestructible. Gives good power and keeps the engine cool. Also has a reed valve which is reusable.

If you buy it, you won't be unhappy, you'll be able to copy the design after if you want, and Matt who owns the company is one of the most honest and reliable people I've met in this business, so I really couldn't recommend anyone better to buy from.

His parts and supplies are all good quality and I know he personally inspects everything he buys before ever letting it go out to his customers, again another plus. I happen to be lucky enough that he lives not even 15 miles away from me in the neighboring city so anything I order I get what like the next day lol... Obviously a perk to buying for me, but even if you lived in Alaska you'd still be striking gold with him. Good luck have fun.

The-DMV
:eek:

Calling #83 now, Number 83!:mad:

lol
I've been in the dmv at the counter with the clerk and had other people walk up to her asking her if she was desk number 6 or something when she was desk #4, and there are 3 big signs at each desk one hanging above, one on the counter and one right below the edge of the counter..

Pretty sure that even though he couldn't read large format numbers from a sitting and non moving position that he still probably recieved some kind of paperwork that allows him to drive on the same roads as me.

I hate the f***ing dmv...

I have one of Matt's advanced race ready motors,run well no it runs great I couldn't be happier and it has more power then you could ever imagine from such a small motor. The quality is top shelf as well, I know where and who has all my bicycle related business Bicycle Motor Works (for me)!!!

Back