is buying a motor mount neccesary for the OCC Stingray?

Hi Mike..Today I posted some drawings, plans and pics of the Stingray motor mount I built. You will find it in ENO / ALBUMS if you want to use it..I made the plans clear enough to print for those who want to build their own.

Good Luck..See Ya ENO

You haven't said where you posted the pics & plans?

I can't help but notice no one really gave an answer here, instead it became a thread about fabricating motor mounts. I'm trying to mount a simple 49cc engine on an OCC StingRay Chopper, and I have no money for new parts, but I have friends with a lot of tools, and an old moped kit I have, mounted on another bike. I need this ride for work, I'm so poor >.<

So is there a way to mount this on here without a mount or not? I don't really give a **** about drilling into the bike, since its old anyway.

I found a Schwinn OCC chopper bike for 40$. How necessary is it to get the motor mount for this bike? is it something that could be fabbed up pretty easily or what? does anybody have any close up pics I could see? I have the 80 cc Happy Time kit and I work at a hardware store, I think I could make something work, but I haven't seen these bikes up close yet.

I can't help but notice no one really gave an answer here, instead it became a thread about fabricating motor mounts. I'm trying to mount a simple 49cc engine on an OCC StingRay Chopper, and I have no money for new parts, but I have friends with a lot of tools, and an old moped kit I have, mounted on another bike. I need this ride for work, I'm so poor >.<

So is there a way to mount this on here without a mount or not? I don't really give a **** about drilling into the bike, since its old anyway.

I have one that I'm going to build for my son. There is no way to mount the engine directly to the frame. It needs to be offset to the left, hence a bought or made modified bracket. Otherwise you won't be able to install the chain.

Last edited:
I am following with interest, I have my nephews stingray waiting on an engine, I also do not want to drill the frame. It may be a few years old, but I want it to be around for his kids. Thanks for all the good info so far!

I found a Schwinn OCC chopper bike for 40$. How necessary is it to get the motor mount for this bike? is it something that could be fabbed up pretty easily or what?

I can't help but notice no one really gave an answer here, instead it became a thread about fabricating motor mounts.

JD the post is on track.

Alright, but what about these U mounts that I've seen on some StingRay's? There's no drilling necessary, and I already have a chain offset.

How do you mount a engine without a mount, of some sort.

If you are that poor, a HT is not the way to go. Thinking you have limited mechanical experience, keeping one on the road will most likely be over your head and bigger then your wallet.

What I'm thinking of doing is to mount a plate (most likely 5/16 or 3/8") on the lower tube. Some type of clamp will be wielded onto the underside of the plate. Then mount the engine to the plate with flat stock (with the off set needed), using the engine mount holes. The flat bar will be wielded to the plate. This will enable the offset needed for the chain. For a exact fit I'll bolt the flat stock to the engine, forming the perfect 75 degree angle and welding flat stock to the plate. Secured using the clamps wielded to the bottom of the plate. The only issue will be as how to fab the plate with clamp so the engine won't rotate on the lower bar due to torque.

Last edited:
Back