Chains Is chain size 415/420 same size as a beachcruiser 1/2 X 1/8 chain?

1980sRELIC

Local time
5:13 PM
I cant find no centrifugal clutch supplier that is able to sell me a 3/4 bore centrifugal clutch that has a common 18 tooth sprocket from off of a coaster brake rear rim used by beachcruisers or the older BMX bike single piece crank bikes using the 1/2 x 1/8 standard chain that is not used on those multi-speed mountain bikes, I have an oddball 28 tooth rear sprocket on my mini-bike that uses a standard beachcruiser 1/2 X 1/8 chain, BUT-i bought the minibike as a rolling chassis without no motor having that weird 28 tooth rear sprocket on it and now i need either get somebody to *custom wield a 18 tooth bicycle coaster brake sprocket onto a 3/4 bore centrifugal clutch*, or whether or not if any of the clutch chain size #410/#415/or the #420 is the exact same size as a common bicycle coaster brake 1/2 X 1/8 size ? Im on a low income, so it would be cost effective to modify a $40 centrifugal 3/4 bore clutch that i already have using a #40 chain sprocket, to have a common coaster brake 18 tooth sprocket wielded onto (and overlapping the center of the size #40 sprocket) so i can use the common 1/2 X 1/8 chain used by the single crank bicycles-or if one of those three #410/#415/#420 clutch chains is the exact same size to a 1/2 X 1/8 bike chain, because i dont want to spend more on replacing the whole rear axle, rim and tire, along with the rear sprocket with rear brake too !, Especially dont want the aftermarket disk brakes, no point making a NOSTALGIA two wheeled ride if dont have drum or band brakes.

not sure I understand all you're saying, but for guys that buy the heavy duty clutches with the fat teeth, I just use a #41 industrial chain from tractor supply - it is a bit wider than 415h, so is quite a bit wider than rear sprocket, but so far has seemed to run well - for the sprocket that is just being driven by the chain, a bit too wide doesn't seem to hurt

#410 chain is 1/8" x 1/2" chain.
As long as the pitch is correct (1/2") you can grind a thicker sprocket to make it fit a narrow chain, of course. And as Crassius said it's okay to have a wide chain on a narrow rear sprocket too. :)

Heres pics
#40 Chain too wide on Mini-Bike 28tooth sprocket-only used to gauge size (Large).jpg
28 Tooth Rear Sprocket Mini-Bike topdown view of Dual rear locking wheels.jpg
Standard BMX bike chain FITS PERFECTLY on & around 28 tooth rear sprocket.jpg
of that ODDBALL MINI-BIKE REAR 28 TOOTH SPROCKET that uses a standard bicycle chain, that no centrifugal clutch having a 3/4 bore on a Predator 212 engine, wont fit !:mad: All 3/4 bore centrifugal clutches has either a size #35, #40 Go-Cart/mini-bike chain thickness and pitch, or the motorized bike clutch sprocket for chain sizes #410, #415, and #420-Which would *really help if somebody had photos of the side by side chain comparison of the #410 and a standard beachcruiser/BMX single speed sprocket 1/8 x 1/2 chain, as well as showing how both chains compares meshing onto the same sprocket* now, if i can successfully center and tack weld a BMX 18 tooth sprocket over the factory centrifugal clutch sprocket without too much overweld causing out-of-balance WOBBLY clutch sprocket, that would solve my drivetrain issue that im trying to solve if someone working in a centrifugal clutch factory could please put a standard 18 tooth BMX single speed sprocket onto a 3/4 bore clutch from factory, and mass produce that clutch having the BMX 18 tooth standard chain design.
Vintage Suntour 18 tooth bmx rear coasterbrake sprocket.png

I am sorry but I just don't see the problem. If you can get a clutch for your engine which has a 1/2" pitch sprocket then you're good to go.
No?

Back