is it legal? (connecticut)

Re: ill ask.

Herrmanator8 said:
...i think ill just go to the police department on the town hall and get permission to ride it on roads...
It's been said that it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.... :p

Re: ill ask.

Barret said:
Herrmanator8 said:
...i think ill just go to the police department on the town hall and get permission to ride it on roads...
It's been said that it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.... :p

yeah, that's true. a possible negative effect of going and asking, is that now you're drawing attention to yourself. even in Tucson, where these are 100% legal, cops still feel compelled to harass. There's a few 'stormtrooper' ones that take extreme joy in this.
in my most humble opinion, i'd just keep off their radar as much as possible by keeping speeds down and killing the motor and pedaling when they're near.

agreed...mind your manners & act like you already know it's all good :)

btw-i've learned that the biggest hassle (re: 2-wheelers) for law enforcement is safety...if you wear a dot helmet, stay lit for safety, & use hand signals, you're just not big enuff game for them to bother with. of course, every area has at least one bully jackbooter, so you'll learn to quickly "kill and pedal" in those situations.

o.k. i guess i wont talk to the town about it. i think ill just keep the speed down while on roads and take it easy and follow laws. i will have turn signal lights on my bike so i wont have to worry about that. ill just keep it cool around the cops. in case this becomes a big deal for the cops, i have some cop "friends" that can back me up; so i shouldnt worry so much.

thanks, jon :)

Back