Is it normal not to hear anything?

I dont have any personal experience with staton but theres many posts about how great their kits are and being satisfied with the vendor. To me that speaks volumes about them, Ive never bought anything like I said and I think their a great company just by all the thumbs up they get.

I ordered my kit and had it in my hands 10 days later, minus the tach/hourmeter as they were out of stock - that shipped to me yesterday and I should have it on Monday. Having said that, their communication skills ARE lacking. I e-mailed a few times (never got an answer to any of the e-mails), and called a couple of times, which was productive when someone answered, which was less often than getting their machine. I'm very pleased with the product AND the speed which I received it in....no problems at all. I could see how someone (esp someone who works in a corporate setting and is used to top-notch customer service) would get frustrated with lack of response or information. I think it's relevant to keep in perspective what a small operation they have there....I don't think they are large enough to hire someone who specifically deals with customer service. There's probably a few guys who work in a shop and whoever happens to be near the phone (or not) picks it up. I'm not making excuses for them....just explaining how it likely works there. I have other eclectic hobbies that deal with gearhead types and the lack of customer service skills seems to be a common quality. 10 days was NOTHING to wait for my kit....I had a high-perf VW engine built that took more than 6 months to get to me!

Warner

Last edited:
Staton's products are high quality. However, I avoid ordering from them as much as possible due to communications problems that I've had with them.

Their products speak for themselves. Just research and know what you're looking to get yourself. They will be little to no help when it comes to specific questions. I ordered the friction kit for my womans bike only about a week ago and its already here, totally as advertised. I must say though I believe they lace their NuVinci wheels wrong but apparently I'm the only one who's had problems with spoke breakage at the nipples. Time will tell.
All in all Staton is the MB vendor I trust the most when it comes to top quality kits and parts. You won't have to talk to them too much because their kits are straight forward in operation, installation and repair and everything is made to last.

Yeah, David is the master of the one line email it seems... 13 words in all lol

and isnt it customary when you are talking to a potential customer or someone making an enquiry that you actually put your name at the end of the e-mail...

I thought it was just me... but it seems he's that lovable to everyone :???:

Jemma xx

I ordered a gas cap from him, professional on the phone, item arrived in 3 days, what is not to like?

As I said, He's not big on communication but Im sure he reads his emails and does his best for his customers to the extent of them not bankrupting him. Unless he fundamentally changes his goods I'll be buying all my kits from him since I believe in his products that much. I hope he's reading this because anything bad I've said about his products is just in the hope that he can improve and make the most excellent stuff around even better. Staton's the man, at least you get a 10 word email from him. Some vendors will just say your kit is "as is" and thats it even if they're made of chinese pot metal. This is not the case with Statons goods. His engineering takes into account the continual beating these systems take. Who else gives a lifetime guarantee on ANYTHING they sell. Deal with the lack of communication. I'm sure he's just busy somebodys order is being made to perfection rather than answering things that he feels should be obvious. and I agree.

Oh, did I mention, the new friction drive I ordered for my girlfriends bike looks most excellent. The whole package was listed as 19lbs of pure goodness. It came with everything and not even a scratch. As advertised with perfectly finished pieces in about a week and I'm betting my girl will love it... Even if she doesn't I will :)
GO STATON!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back