Clutch Is it ok to ride the clutch?

Datboi

Local time
8:02 PM
So i mostly use my 2 stroke 80cc off road on the hills etc. Often the engine lacks power uphill or to pull from a dead stop uphill and stalls.

With the clutch slithly pulled in (riding the clutch) i manage to get up, how fast does this wear the clutch out? Is it something I can do without exaggerating or should it be avoided completely?

Also what modifications can I do to have more climbing power when I ride in rough terrain and hills?

I couldn't care less about speed as long as I can do 30km/h I need acceleration and torque

Bigger gear like stated. RPM x 4.1 (internal gearing) x 4.4 for 44t gear and 5.6 for 56t gear etc etc then divide this by 8.1 to gain kilometer per hour assuming your using 26 tires. (8000rpm/4.1=1951.219/4.4=443.458/8.1=54.748km/h)

Riding the clutch seems fine to me. It wears pads considerably faster and adjustment is more frequent. I do it alot to slowly get through tight trails or attempt steep hills.
When the clutch wears out you need to adjust it? Didn't know. Is it the flower nut you have to adjust?

The clutch will need to be adjusted when you feel considerble slipping and it will be hard to start and yes its the flower nut that needs to be adjusted.
OK thanks, BTW is it possible to replace the pads? Do they pop right out? I can't remember rn.

I used a razor knife to trim them to fit.

20200713_202559.jpg

How fast do. They wear out if you ride the clutch regularly?
Im doing just street riding here in the desert of Alamogordo NM and i do climb some pretty steep hills from between 4500 to 9000 ft altitudes,

On one bike i had, I ran it for 5 years, 6000 miles, before the frame broke, all on the original clutch pads with only a couple of small re-adjustments on the flower nut and cable once in a while due to normal cable stretch...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Pads are so cheap and easy to replace I'd let it ride man. An auto clutch... no way lol but the manual clutch can take some abuse in my experiences.

Back