Is It Possible To Get A Service Manual?

spirittoo

Local time
8:31 AM
I contacted Huffy to see where I could get a service manual and couldn't tell me. Huffy isn't the greatest for tech support. Would a service manual exist for a Nel Luzzo beach cruiser? I couldn't get my hub back together correctly. I saw the videos and tutorials and I just couldn't get it right ... It was either too loose where the hub would wobble or too tight where the coaster brake wouldn't turn. I ended up bending the bearing and having to take it to a bike shop. It cost me $20 bucks. I was upset that I could not figure out how to fix a simple mechanism. The video I saw the hub was a bit different than might but I'm sure it is the same concept. I really would like to learn how to put that hub together correctly.

That exact hub on that exact bike is the only one that ever shattered on me. Not even worth the $20 you spent at the bike shop. The bearing race broke from the main body, thank god it was all downhill and I could coast with a crooked rear wheel.

It shattered on you? How could that happen? Poor design? What did you do to correct the situation? I had no choice but take it to a bike shop ... I could not get it back together and that really bothers me because I know I will eventually have to grease it.

Huffy makes a very cheap coaster hub, the Cranbrook I have was left here by the owner, it had the same problem. I replace the hub assembly with a Shimano, that solved the problem.

You’ll have to unlace the hub and install the new one, it takes some time to do.

Last edited:
It’s been about 6 years since I replaced it, I remember searching for a replacement for the hub model on the brake arm.

Swap your wheels with a set that accepts a freewheel and rim brakes. The nel lusso can take front and rear caliper or u-brakes. Swap the front fork with another 1" front fork to get cantilever or disc brakes in the front. I don't trust coaster brakes, if your pedal chain falls off, you lose that brake.

I run a coaster brake rear with side pull bmx on the front. I agree, never trust just the stock brakes. We’re running a bike probably 3 to 4 times faster than they are designed for, at least give your self a chance to stop.

Back