Is it possible to make a 2 seater motor bike ride? any ideas

S

sherryc8641

Is it possible to make a 2 seater motor bike ride? I have a strong bike never having problems with the bike (frame, wheels) itself. Could it handel 300 pounds of passanger and rider weight? I was thinking of getting a longer bigger seat 26 inch or some how make a seat out of a cargo thing above the back tire behind the seat. I'm not thinking of an ideas with the passanger on the side of the bike I don't like that idea. :(

possible, yes.

lower gearing (50 tooth?) would be a must along with a strong rear wheel & hub.

I've made a a chopper built for 2 and I suppose if you were to get an 80cc that has supposedly more low end and geared it down a little it would pull but you wouldn't have hardly anytop speed.

here's a pic of the 2 seater. I had a pic of my dughter on the back but it's buried on a CD somewhere.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/iRide_616/All the bikes/?action=view&current=DSCF0009.jpg

Here's a similar pic but you can see the buddy pegs a little better. There is a b*tch pad that goes on the rear fender.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/iRide_616/?action=view&current=0ba32dc0.jpg

Dan

Problems?

Do I have to worry about the seat post being strong enough? Or should I worry about other things for problems, along with power for pull?

I had a mountain bike that I put my first motor on, and a strong rack on the back, added some BMX footpegs to the axles, and it carried me and a passenger at a nice 25MPH top, pretty good low end. I took it off after 2 weeks, but it performed fine. Careful with racks, most CANNOT support a person sitting on them.

i had to pick my brother up, and he sat on the chair , i sat on teh gas tank! pulled us fine, had to pedal a bit, not much. still went, but didnt stop very well

Re: Problems?

sherryc8641 said:
Do I have to worry about the seat post being strong enough?

Do I have to worry about that If I'm thinking of getting two people on the same seat? :?

I'm not chatching you , do you have a tandom or looking to get one or build it?

No, I have a regular seat post planing on changing the seat with another one double the size so I can fit two people on it.

sherryc8641 said:
No, I have a regular seat post planing on changing the seat with another one double the size so I can fit two people on it.

can you show 'em some pictures of the bike, and the seat you want to put on? that should do to further you're efforts 8) 8)

Back