Is it possible to modify a 4 Stroke to have an idle like the chinagirls?

RocketJ

Local time
2:21 AM
I'm working on a new project that involves attaching a 4 stroke engine, probably a small 3/4hp briggs to the hub of the back wheel of a bike. Now the only way this could be done safely would be if I could get the engine to stop rotating and idle similarly to a china girl when you hold the clutch in. Is there any way to make this happen?

I'm not sure what you mean by attaching it to the hub like a shaft drive? you would have to make a hand clutch or something to take the power off the belt that drives the wheel if it was directly attached to the hub, oliver motorized on YouTube has made several belt drive bikes with gears. It wpuld be much easier to mount the engine inframe on a 212cc engine plate and run a centrifugal clutch.

I'm not sure what you mean by attaching it to the hub like a shaft drive? you would have to make a hand clutch or something to take the power off the belt that drives the wheel if it was directly attached to the hub, oliver motorized on YouTube has made several belt drive bikes with gears. It wpuld be much easier to mount the engine inframe on a 212cc engine plate and run a centrifugal clutch.
You're right, but I've done so many of them. I want to give this a try because it's such an interesting concept that worked well at the time. And yes, I mean run the shaft of the gngine directly through the wheel hub.

Back