Is it possible to....

Local time
1:28 PM
I want to hook up a car charging outlet onto my bike so I can charge my phone while driving. Is it possible, and How would I go about doing it. How would I wire it?
4177_large_b2a2d789-d0c9-4dc2-8998-3b813ca110c0.jpg
download.jpg

I want to hook up a car charging outlet onto my bike so I can charge my phone while driving. Is it possible, and How would I go about doing it. How would I wire it?View attachment 74595 View attachment 74596.
I have seen that coil advertised saying its 12v but doesnt say how many watts. it looks very small and probably low output like the one in motor already is only 3 watts !

I would say you bolt it on and connect the red wires together one from gen to usb and the black wire to ground/ engine body

unless they have some hightech circuits hidden inside that mount, it should be putting out AC current rather than the DC you would need - safest way would be to add a full wave rectifier with a small 12 volt battery for ballast

whether it would work depends on how high your voltage is - as long as it is enough to charge your battery at reasonable engine speed, it should work

But it will work .not like all this wiring for a junk setup .that will cost more in the long run . Evon a solar panel is more reliable.

Back