is it safe to weld a second seatpost in back of the regular one.

bike4life

Local time
3:12 AM
i want the bike 2 be a 2 seater. maybe like take some square tube aprox 6" and weld that parrell to the bikes seat post and then weld a second seat post onto the tube. would that throw off the center of gravity and be bad if someone was riding in back/be unsafe. lol thx

Last edited:
it could affect balance front to back. if front wheel hits a bump you could wheelie when you didn't expect it. same as when we used to stand on the axle and ride double when we were kids. it IS doable tho just youd hafta get used to how the bike acts. kinda sketchy tho

What engine are you using? I do know some people ride 2 up on 50cc scooters but the acceleration would be horrible with 2 peeps on a motorized bike also it would be uncomfortable if you had to stand up and peddle.

you should mount a bracket on the back wheel supports if you want a 2 seater look up companion bike seat on google for ideas

https://www.ebay.com/i/192719054515

s-l400.jpg

Cheapest route
https://www.ebay.com/p/Bicycle-Rear...t-Sanmersen-Bike-Back-Child-Safety/1195599851

More expensive but more comfy for the rider comes with foot rest back test and hand hold
s-l400 (1).jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
i want the bike 2 be a 2 seater. maybe like take some square tube aprox 6" and weld that parrell to the bikes seat post and then weld a second seat post onto the tube. would that throw off the center of gravity and be bad if someone was riding in back/be unsafe. lol thx
well, im assuming its going on your fat bike.
1. i dont think the engine will handle that kind of weight,
(you can only get so much out if a 66cc engine, my chainsaw has more horsepower than my bike!)
2. you will need to have some sort if arm support if your going to have another person. that or then can hold on to your shoulders.
3. if you hit a bump, the passenger will have back problems after that.
but if you want to then, go ahead.

I have a few years welding experience a weld.is not goingg to hold unless you have supporting bracket relieving the weight of stress and inertia from a bump also this your going to need to build.a.cage around the spokes.and chains to prevent foot amputations. I got about a 1/4" avulsion on my big toe being a 2/year passenger on fender never see. So much blood!

Back