Is it time to go? Only been 2 years.

412lvk.jpg

I had an Italian grandmother.. blind as a bat.. we called her Clara after the Wendy’s girl.
Where’s the beef?
I didn’t think people still remembered that commercial.

Growing up in the Southern California area as a kid, I remember "Cal Worthington and his dog spot! If you wanna buy a truck go see Cal"
I remember Cal's commercials when I was a teen sent from Boston to live in Big Bear to finish my High School and then go to college.

It was seeing his commercials that was just one of the many things that convinced me that I was now in "the land of fruits and nuts" and made a mental note to myself to be sure and leave this place quickly upon graduation...lol.

My car was packed and headed back to Boston within a week of graduating in 1975...lol.

I remember Cal's commercials when I was a teen sent from Boston to live in Big Bear to finish my High School and then go to college.

It was seeing his commercials that was just one of the many things that convinced me that I was now in "the land of fruits and nuts" and made a mental note to myself to be sure and leave this place quickly upon graduation...lol.

My car was packed and headed back to Boston within a week of graduating in 1975...lol.

It took me until 2006 to finally escape myself. That said, I was only 3 in 1975...

;)

Back