Is it time to go? Only been 2 years.

Wrench, how does the Harley compare to the Star? Quality, ride etc. For some reason the big Japanese bikes never took off like HD's. talking 1300cc or bigger. They have to be as good in my opinion, never owned a bike that big

Jap bikes last longer, ride smoother, better gas mileage, more power produced per cc, cost less to own, and look just as good if not better. I pilot a 40 year old ( almost 41 years) Jap bike. They live forever with minimal maintence.

Add to the fact they can start and go. Try doing that with a Harley. As a guy who lives near not one, not two, but THREE people who own Harley's and use them as their daily drivers for half the year... I am VERY MUCH familiar with the 5:30AM Harley Davidson "warm up"...

Add to the fact they can start and go. Try doing that with a Harley. As a guy who lives near not one, not two, but THREE people who own Harley's and use them as their daily drivers for half the year... I am VERY MUCH familiar with the 5:30AM Harley Davidson "warm up"...
An not to mention most of us Jap owners don't go putting pipes on you can hear 8 and a half miles away ( the real way that movie got named). We like our bikes to sound good, without broadcasting to Aliens on Alpha Centuari we are arriving in 100,000 years.

An not to mention most of us Jap owners don't go putting pipes on you can hear 8 and a half miles away ( the real way that movie got named). We like our bikes to sound good, without broadcasting to Aliens on Alpha Centuari we are arriving in 100,000 years.
Loud pipes save lives, except for loud 2Ts, they run over you to shut you up.

Wrench, how does the Harley compare to the Star? Quality, ride etc. For some reason the big Japanese bikes never took off like HD's. talking 1300cc or bigger. They have to be as good in my opinion, never owned a bike that big though.

The Bikes are only as good as you maintain them , That being said
I rode that Yamaha for 12 years and put over 200K miles on her, Japs make a Good M/C
She still runs strong, I sold her to a friend.

My average riding per year is 15k - 17k miles

Hopefully I can put 200K on this Harley, She's got a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty (y)
This Harley has the new Milwaukee 8 Engine
Harley suspension is superior, Anti lock brakes and Cruise control w 6 speed transmission
She's quick and smooth This Harley don't vibrate and she's quiet, I like a quiet M/C

Many guys that take care of their Harley,s hit the 200k mile mark before getting a new M/C
As long as I take care of her, she should take care of me, I'm religious when it comes to Maintenance

Yeah, I like the Harley better than the Yamaha, It's just an all around better ride,

Loud pipes save lives, except for loud 2Ts, they run over you to shut you up.
There is a such a thing and sounding good, and just letting the exhaust pour out a huge un baffled pipe. The street and the strip are two different places. Some sound is good, rattling windows a block away is not cool. lol

I like your bike loud but I like my bike quiet :LOL:

6-8 hrs in the saddle your gonna be liking a quiet bike

Most the riding is in the country anyways loud bikes scare all the wildlife

Guy who commute and cut traffic LOUD BIKES SAVE LIVES and scare the sh^t out of most people :ROFLMAO:

The Bikes are only as good as you maintain them , That being said
I rode that Yamaha for 12 years and put over 200K miles on her, Japs make a Good M/C
She still runs strong, I sold her to a friend.

My average riding per year is 15k - 17k miles

Hopefully I can put 200K on this Harley, She's got a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty (y)
This Harley has the new Milwaukee 8 Engine
Harley suspension is superior, Anti lock brakes and Cruise control w 6 speed transmission
She's quick and smooth This Harley don't vibrate and she's quiet, I like a quiet M/C

Many guys that take care of their Harley,s hit the 200k mile mark before getting a new M/C
As long as I take care of her, she should take care of me, I'm religious when it comes to Maintenance

Yeah, I like the Harley better than the Yamaha, It's just an all around better ride,
Congrats on the new Harley, she's a beauty!

Back