Carby Is my carb angle okay or too steep ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROBLEMO SOLVED. Quick Question: I wasn't able to get the pipe all the way through the carby, so there are these really small holes as seen in the picture409, is that okay or needs to be fixed.
If it's letting air in then it needs fixing. What do you have to hand that you can use?
If you have ptfe teflon plumbers tape then a wrap of that around the intake manifold can work nicely, it can squish into the holes and also the slits leading away from those holes. It is a little bit tricky to apply, might take a few attempts to get it on right.
If you have a suitable O ring you can use that as a gasket so the intake manifold butts up against it and squashes it into the holes there. It has to be gas resistant of course.
Otherwise, and probably easiest, is to put a little bit of hot melt glue over the holes and put a bit of electrician's tape over the end to be certain air can't get in from the end of the slits either.

Last edited:
Yo thanks furry. I will use the hot glue; or maybe JB weld just b/c i don't actually have hot-glue gun; might have lost it [well another trip to harbor freight]. Are you from usa, nobody in usa calls it hot melt glue, sounds like a british thing. When i was doing the silicone tubing thing like you said, i actually was not able to squish the silicone tube in the carbeurator so i cut some scrap of 1" of steel pipe that fit inside the carb intake hole. and then hose clamped the silicone tube to the steel pipe. The reason why i have the holes is because that steel tubes OD is a little large and it gets to tight and refuses to go in anymore.

All holes must be filled our it will run s**t start it and make up some soapy water and test it best of luck

Yo thanks furry. I will use the hot glue; or maybe JB weld just b/c i don't actually have hot-glue gun; might have lost it [well another trip to harbor freight]. Are you from usa, nobody in usa calls it hot melt glue, sounds like a british thing. When i was doing the silicone tubing thing like you said, i actually was not able to squish the silicone tube in the carbeurator so i cut some scrap of 1" of steel pipe that fit inside the carb intake hole. and then hose clamped the silicone tube to the steel pipe. The reason why i have the holes is because that steel tubes OD is a little large and it gets to tight and refuses to go in anymore.
I expect the JB Weld will be perfect. But be careful don't bond the tube into the carb just in case! :p

It's called hot melt glue sticks on chineseeebay listings where I buy it, but I think the hot melt glue gun came from the UK.. Hmm. Idk. My neighbour is away on holiday so I am not getting much sleep.

Hey don't besmirch my reputation lol I never said anything about putting silicone tube into the carburetor! I said cut your offset intake in half and use reinforced silicone tube to join the pieces. I even posted a picture. :p

Last edited:
won't work that way - you need to get pipe all the way into the carb and sitting flush with the stop ring inside carb

You need a longer piece of intake in the carb, home depot just find a copper street elbow for plumbing that fits snug in the carb and use that, bring the hose too so you can check that fit. Exchange that odd clamp for 2 hose clamps on the carb, pinching like that will either work loose from vibration or crack the cheap pot metal bowl, or both.

Ok
You need a longer piece of intake in the carb, home depot just find a copper street elbow for plumbing that fits snug in the carb and use that, bring the hose too so you can check that fit. Exchange that odd clamp for 2 hose clamps on the carb, pinching like that will either work loose from vibration or crack the cheap pot metal bowl, or both.
Will have to do that. I am away for 2 weeks on vacation. So the next update on the carby will be in 2 weeks. Lol furry, your right, should have examined the picture closer. Idk you use the scrap piece off the manifold for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back