Is the motor legal in Canada and Quebec

S

shoguno

My question is does the motor bike is accepted in Canada and Quebec streets as a normal bike or as a scooter? Merci, Thank you,

Norbert

LAW

Quebec, Canada - submited by Martin Levac
Rules and regulations concerning a moped driver's license, registration and definition of a moped in the province of Quebec, Canada.

The term in french is cyclomoteur.

The definition of a moped, cyclomoteur:

A 2 or 3 wheel motorized vehicle for use on public roads that has an engine displacement of no more than 50 cm2 and an automatic transmission.

I haven't found any definition concerning electric engined mopeds.

The driver's license: Mandatory, class 6d or better.

Minimum age: 14 years of age.

Registration of the vehicle is mandatory.

To date, insurance for a moped is not mandatory but always a good thing for a new vehicle.

Have fun.

Cookie

It looks like a motoredbike would fall into the moped catagory. Anyone registered their bike? How would you get a title on a bicycle with an addon motor?
Thanks

I hate to muck up the Canadian waters, but I thought somebody from Calgary was talking about how the "electric" folks had messed up the definitions for everybody. But the "under 50 cc" bikes were under the radar.

Or maybe it was that electric guy in the Wikipedia entry, who somehow made HIS the only type that slipped through the legal crack.

I really wouldn't know how you could get a transferable title to a bike without a Vehicle ID # stamped on it.

bamabikeguy said:
I hate to muck up the Canadian waters, but I thought somebody from Calgary was talking about how the "electric" folks had messed up the definitions for everybody. But the "under 50 cc" bikes were under the radar.

Or maybe it was that electric guy in the Wikipedia entry, who somehow made HIS the only type that slipped through the legal crack.

I really wouldn't know how you could get a transferable title to a bike without a Vehicle ID # stamped on it.

I read somewhere (ICBC) insurance of BC ... Mopedsthat are under 50 cc's you dont need registration or whatever, you need a license but you could have the lowest license (learner's)... and power assisted bicycles like the ones we have are in this category. Most of us have 80cc engines..but you could just say that it's a 50cc. But here in vancouver, we have lots of bike routes that are sealed off to cars and it's so convenient getting around the city in these roads without cops harrasing you.

HOW MANY TIMES !!!!! ??????????

OK OK OK !!! Here it is again.. These are Motor Assisted Bicycles !!! Got it? Good..Now stick to it you guys !!! Power Assisted or Motor Assisted..But these are still bicycles and ARE NOT motorized. Now Stick to it !!! Come on your guys and gals, When you are asked what these are, what do you say? You say this... These are MOTOR ASSISTED BICYCLES !!! GOT IT? GOOD.... Enjoy the ride...

Re: HOW MANY TIMES !!!!! ??????????

thatsdax said:
OK OK OK !!! Here it is again.. These are Motor Assisted Bicycles !!! Got it? Good..Now stick to it you guys !!! Power Assisted or Motor Assisted..But these are still bicycles and ARE NOT motorized. Now Stick to it !!! Come on your guys and gals, When you are asked what these are, what do you say? You say this... These are MOTOR ASSISTED BICYCLES !!! GOT IT? GOOD.... Enjoy the ride...

sheesh.....somebody needs a nap! :LOL:

Back